In a career as Family-Teaching Partners, part of giving youth a second chance is exposing them to new experiences. Youth come to the Boys Town Family Home Program for a variety of reasons family issues, abuse, neglect, abandonment, involvement in the juvenile justice system. You come in by presenting them with opportunities in education and school involvement, giving them their first happy Thanksgiving or teaching them how faith can help them heal. We strive to give Boys Town Kids the fulfilling lives they deserve.
Schedule: Live in, 24x7 position
- Live on-site in a Boys Town Family Home and provide direct care for 6-8 at-risk youth through creating a safe and loving family-style living environment
- Provide emotional support utilizing praise, positive feedback, affection and empathy to build one's self-confidence and respect
- Use rational problem-solving techniques to teach youth critical thinking skills, assist with behavioral problems, counsel through personal issues and provide crisis intervention
- Plan, participate and provide opportunities for individual and family activities that are both educational and entertaining
- Display and teach parenting, family and relationship skills to youth, legal guardians and caretakers to create family engagement
- Maintain contact with both internal and external consumers agencies to obtain or provide information regarding youth's behaviors, strategies and progress
- Prepare written records for household budgeting, tracking youth progress, reporting incidents/behaviors and document youth medical needs and appointments
- Teach and role model Boys Town values and ethical behaviors, as well as support and encourage participation in regular religious activities
- Supervise the activities of assigned Assistant Family-Teacher to aid in their development and success
- Manage the daily operating schedule of the home; assist with youth transportation needs, and overall household upkeep
Benefits & Perks:
- Minimum annual starting salary of $71,136 per couple
- Fully-paid living expenses, which include rent, utilities, and a monthly household budget
- Benefits package that includes health, dental and vision insurance; a 401K retirement plan; paid vacation and sick leave
- Supporting youth with new traditions such as sport events, family dinner, graduation, volunteering in the community and visiting Lake Okoboji
- Opportunities to earn college credit while working
- Relocation assistance
- Company vehicle
- Be at least 21 years of age or older
- High School diploma or equivalent is required, some college credit is preferred
- Must possess a valid marriage certificate
- Valid driver's license with good driving record and ability to pass MVR Check
- Flexibility and willingness to work a wide array of hours, which includes days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to pass a thorough background check and reference verification procedure in order to determine one's fitness to satisfactorily and safely care for youth
- Ability to attend a 2-week paid training in Omaha, Nebraska
Make a difference here at Boys Town North Florida, where our programs and services touch the lives of more than 5,000 people each year. Since our arms opened in 1983, we have been providing hope and healing as a good neighbor in the Tallahassee community by serving our children and families.
The opportunity to shape the future of America's youth is only one of the many perks here in Tallahassee. The city has the wonderful weather Florida is famous for with the additional charm of a nice southern hospitality atmosphere, and there is nothing we believe in more than community. Boys Town North Florida has faith that our employees are our greatest asset, and we work to build a strong team culture at the site through team building activities such as quarterly potlucks, campus celebration, movie screenings and more. Outside of fostering relationships, our leadership initiative called Next Gen gives staff an opportunity to engage in training and development to prepare for their next career move within the organization.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.