Business: Boys Town
$1,000 Hiring Bonus ($500 paid out after 30 days and after 6 months)
In a career as a Crisis Counselor with the Boys Town National Hotline, you have the opportunity to bring forward your passion of helping other people. Sometimes, a friendly, nonjudgmental voice can be the difference between utter despair and a glimmer of hope. Hope is exactly what thousands of people each year find when they call the Boys Town National Hotline. You would make an impact by addressing issues ranging from bullying and family problems to substance abuse and suicidal thoughts.
Schedule: Full time. All schedules will include working 1 weekend shift.
- Determines urgency and nature of contact and provides appropriate short term crisis counseling or resource information, problem solving techniques, and advice.
- Assesses immediate and long term safety of the client to determine further actions; utilizes professional judgment to respond appropriately to situational needs.
- Assesses need of each client through basic counseling techniques such as questioning, paraphrasing, and reflective listening; follows questioning guidelines and pays attention to what the client is and is not saying.
- Remains calm and objective during life-threatening situations, enlists support of senior staff as needed for difficult calls, and makes joint decisions about further action.
- Provides helpful information to clients, including parenting skills and problem solving, and walks client through steps so client arrives at a solution.
- Utilizes internal database to access local service referrals for clients.
- Follows established procedures in handling each category of request and utilizes judgment within each situation.
- Provides referrals to clients whose needs are not within the scope of services.
- Documents details and information given within the course of the contact and provides reports as needed.
- Responds to Helpline overflow contacts transferring to appropriate departments as necessary.
About Boys Town Nebraska:
November 9, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.