The overall purpose of this job is to provide opportunities for residents to participate in programs to enhance their lives in the areas of mind, body and spirit. The responsibilities of this job include planning, developing, marketing, and implementing events, programs, and activities. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
Preparation and Implementation
- One (1) year of post-high school education is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Recreational Therapy or related field is preferred.
- One (1) year of activities coordination or related experience is required.
- Equivalent years of education may substitute for experience requirement.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of seniors' mental and physical abilities.
- Knowledge of available community resources to assist with activities.
- Skills in operating Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Skills in providing excellent customer service.
- Skills in presenting to groups.
- Skills in leading programs and directing activities.
- Ability to professionally and effectively communicate in both verbal and written forms.
- Ability to manage time wisely.
- Ability to be creative and plan new, engaging activities.
- Ability to organize and schedule activities.