$10,000 sign-on bonus! Additional stay bonus available over 5 years.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible for providing Clinical Supervision for Mental Health Services provided by Children’s Square U. S. A.
Responsible for helping to establish meaningful, measurable goals for students and their families, and for working with a team to design programs that help students and families to reach their goals.
- Provide clinical consultation. This involves meeting regularly with assigned staff reviewing all treatment plans, progress reports, and discharge summaries.
- Assist in training therapists and other staff within assigned programs to support the treatment approaches identified.
- In conjunction with other agency therapists, conduct safety and risk assessments as needed for clients served by all Children’s Square services and programs.
- Conduct intake assessments as required by insurance for new families supported by behavioral health intervention services.
- Operate within acceptable financial parameters and procedures.
- Liaison with other Children's Square U.S.A. services, the general public, professional community, referral agencies and other relevant organizations to build and maintain support and connections for the programs.
- Supervise undergraduate and graduate students who are completing clinical internships as assigned.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant licensing, certification and accreditation standards.
- Establish and maintain Performance Improvement functions including development and review of appropriate outcome measures and staff development appropriate to identified need.
- Attend Multi-Disciplinary Team weekly meeting. Approve all admissions and discharges of children, and initiation of services. Review admissions, length of stay and discharges for appropriateness.
- Actively participate in team meetings and other meetings required by supervisor.
- Other duties as may be requested by the Director.
- May at times be assigned a therapy caseload.
- Establish and participate in program on? call duties as assigned.
- As needed, effectively utilize and supervise volunteers assigned to the program.
- Carryout necessary risk management functions for the agency.
- Complete training necessary to perform position, and as specified in Agency and Program Staff Development Programs.
- Promote a positive team and work environment.
- Master’s degree in social work, sociology, psychology, guidance and counseling, a related area of human services, education, business administration, or public administration and two years of supervision or counseling experience in a public or private social services agency in provision of therapy services, foster care or other out of home care.
- Current social work/counseling/therapy/mental health license in the state of Iowa and Nebraska, preferred; or eligible for licensure.
- LIMHP in the states of Nebraska and Iowa, preferred; or eligible for licensure.
- Experience with managed care, Medicaid, Department of Human Services and Juvenile Court Systems preferred.
- Possess supervisory experience or ability to perform supervisory administrative functions.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability in implementing and executing program responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively deal with public, clients, and employees.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good computer skills and ability to work with electronic case records and data management systems.
- Ability to interact with clients and children with sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics in the service population.
Childrens Square U.S.A.