At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a culture that is trauma informed and values and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various experiences and uniqueness to the workplace.
Trauma Informed Care is an approach to engaging people with histories of trauma that recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the role that trauma has played in their lives. Trauma Informed Care also acknowledges the effects of working with trauma survivors on our workforce and seeks to build collaborative and supportive working environments and relationships.
If you believe in our mission of creating healthy families and communities, and like a fast pace, collaborative and team-oriented environment, then Heartland Family Service is the agency for you.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Heartland Bridges is a short-term transitional housing program designed to assist people with a mental health or dual-diagnosed condition while they transition to stability in the community. This position will serve as a direct care staff in a residential facility. The role of the overnight program aide is to provide facility coverage and assist in duties to ensure the day-to-day operations of the facility. Performs basic functions of a routine nature. Variety of functions and activities are specific. Entry level position.
Work Schedule: 10pm-8am, shifts available on weekdays and weekends, flexible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- *Attends all staff meetings as scheduled.
- *Responds to clients’ needs during overnight hours of facility operation.
- *Addresses safety concerns as necessary to create a safe and secure environment for residents.
- *Monitors client self-administration of medication and follows procedures of recording.
- *Secures facility and addresses any problems noticed during overnight hours.
- *Able to work independently with little supervision during overnight facility coverage.
- Provides reports to Bridges staff regarding client activities and needs at shift change.
- Meets regularly with Bridges Program Coordinator to review work schedule and address any issues noticed during overnight hours.
- Coordinates with other overnight program aides for continual coverage each month.
- Always displays a courteous and caring attitude to the clientele, volunteers, and visitors of the Agency.
- Cooperates and collaborates with program area staff, volunteers, and other Agency staff.
- *Is dependable and punctual regarding scheduling and attendance.
- Abides by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies, and requirements.
- Develops personal and program related skills through participation in internal and external training opportunities including printed material and audio and/or visual media.
- *Creates, maintains and shares an appropriate a dynamic self-care plan.
- *Strives to make connections between the agency and the larger community whenever possible in order to contribute to the agency’s ongoing fundraising and friend-raising efforts.
- *Essential functions of this job are to be performed on company physical work site.
- Performs other program related duties as assigned.
*DENOTES ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- High School Diploma
- Previous human service experience desirable, but not required
- Valid driver’s license/ acceptable driving record
Communication – Clearly conveying and receiving messages to meet the needs of all, expressing oneself effectively, understanding underlying issues and adapting communication for the situation.
Teamwork – Working cooperatively and productively with others to achieve results by actively participating in the team and involving other team members.
Problem Solving & Judgment – Ability to assess options and implications in order to identify a solution by breaking down problems, recognizing basic and multiple relationships and can develop complex plans and/or analyses.
Adaptability – Personal willingness and ability to work in and adapt to change, valuing the need for adaptability, demonstrating adaptability through adapting approach and strategy.
Client Focus – Understanding and meeting or exceeding client needs through responsive client service and contributing to positive outcomes for the client, meeting long term client needs.
Innovation Using original and creative thinking to make improvements and/or develop and initiate new approaches for own job/area as well as the organization and does things new to the organization.
Relationship Building – Developing and maintaining win/win relationships and partnerships through establishing formal working relationships.
Service Facilitation – Creates networks to ensure required services are delivered effectively, providing information as required.
Organizational Awareness & Commitment – Understands the structure and culture of the organization and supports the organization’s values, principles and goals; demonstrating an understanding of the organization beyond own workgroup and can anticipate and meet organizational needs.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
(Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Heartland Family Service