The Risk Due Diligence Analyst will be responsible for reviewing, researching and approving requests received from Shared Services to evaluate risk position for potential vendors. The use of various third party resources will be used to research and evaluate. Application of advanced critical thinking skills is required to help protect IPG and our agencies from undue exposure. The approval of vendor requests prior to the creation of a transactional record in SAP systems will be a primary responsibility. This position will be expected to work jointly with various teams across IPG to gather insight necessary to perform adequate evaluations of vendors, and satisfy business requirements. A high degree of analytic, process and problem solving skills is required. Flexibility and willingness to continually learn and have responsibilities evolve is key to success in this position.
- Utilize LexisNexis to review vendors with medium/high risks results to determine reasoning, and conduct research to assess risk in engaging vendor.
- Conduct research on Orbis, other authorized websites and the internet to validate vendor information.
- Validate Tax IDs and business registration dates for potential vendors.
- Validate the state of registration for vendors where discrepancies exist.
- Evaluate relationships between vendors and third party bank accounts.
- Evaluate vendor bank account acceptance criteria.
- Review vendor financial standing to identify bankruptcies and other potential risks.
- Communicate directly with agencies to obtain vendor documentation and clarifying information related to vendors.
- Resolve issues when vendors operate under multiple names, or when payments to third parties are requested on behalf of a vendor.
- Obtain business justifications for using recently incorporated vendors.
- Request signatures, contracts or banking support from vendors where applicable.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or applicable experience in lieu
- Proven ability to understand and manage complex systems and processes
- Knowledge of Ariba SLP system
- Successful track record of effectively managing competing priorities
Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc.