The Vendor Support Specialist will be responsible for interacting with a broad range of potential vendors invited to register via our Ariba SLP vendor portal. They will use their knowledge of the Ariba system to assist new and existing vendors with the creation of their Ariba profiles, navigating to the IPG registration page where the details needed for vendor creation are collected, and managing updates. Excellent communication skills are essential to effectively instruct domestic and international vendors of widely varying levels of technical expertise in the proper use of the Ariba SLP system. The continued development and update of process documents will be critical as experience in troubleshooting various scenarios encountered increases. This person will also be the point of escalation for Range support tickets submitted when the Client Service team is unable to resolve. Flexibility and the willingness to keep working until issues are resolved is key to success in this position.
- Monitor a mailbox used by vendors who are experiencing difficulties in creating their Ariba profiles, or navigating to the IPG registration form in the Ariba SLP vendor portal.
- Create and maintain a database of common issues and processes to resolve.
- Communicate with vendors on the phone and via email to help understand issues and recommend steps to successfully allow them to register in the portal.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the Ariba registration process, including the creation of new Ariba accounts and linking existing accounts to IPG forms.
- Act as the primary contact between IPG and Ariba support to resolve vendor registration issues.
- Assist in routine inactivation of expired registration invitations, resubmits on behalf of the vendor, and other system activities as needed.
- Active involvement in the expansion of the use of the Ariba SLP system.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or applicable experience in lieu
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to understand and manage complex systems and processes
- Knowledge of Ariba SLP system
- Successful track record of effectively managing competing priorities
Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc.