Defines, develops and provides information and analysis to drive the decision-making process and support business operations for internal and external customers.
Leads process improvement initiatives; utilizes established process improvement frameworks to consult with and drive process improvement efforts at Business Units; develops and uses current state process maps; works with Business Units to define pain points and/or improvement opportunities; identifies root causes of defects and recommends action items to address defects; builds future state maps and documents; presents recommendations and helps Business Units develop and implement improvement plan
Proactively investigates the operating procedures of business units with a focus on the analysis, definition and documentation of business processes and rules that represent current or desired SOPs; oversees the population and management of a business rules' repository; participates in process reviews related to system development efforts to promote business rule definition and automation; performs impact analysis related to the implementation, update, and retirement of business rules, with a high level of understanding of the organization's business systems and terminology, as well as manual processes
Assists with investigating the needs of the business units with focus on the analysis and modeling of processes and rules; makes recommendations to integrate new and existing processes and rules; participates in process and rules reviews and updates to ensure that processes and systems meet changing business unit conditions; develops, documents, institutionalizes and continually enables a business rules' methodology that complements the business process engineering methodology; collects, analyzes and documents enterprise and business-unit specific rules
Mentors and coaches Business Systems Analysts in process modeling techniques.
Continually researches and evaluates industry trends in business process modeling tools and techniques
Performs other duties as required
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or a related field and six or more years work related experience in business operations, project management, business modeling concepts and business process development, business rule development or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Proficient in process improvement techniques; diagnostic and creative problem-solving skills; and excellent, analytical, facilitation and negotiation skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with demonstrated knowledge of complex business analysis
- Demonstrated project/program management skills enabling an effective leadership role for largescale business process redesign engagements
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and the ability to collaborate with business unit customers, IT, and management to reach a common agreement
- Strong consultative skillset including problem identification, solution development, and selling the solution to customers
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent coaching and leadership skills
Acting with Integrity, Communicating Effectively, Pursuing Self-Development, Serving Customers, Supporting Change, Supporting Organizational Goals, Working with Diverse Populations