Own and Perform All HR Functions. Contribute to the ongoing success of Oxbow Animal Health through consistent daily efforts related to recruitment, onboarding, development and employee relations Administer employee benefits and compensation, develop and support HR Policies, collaborate with managers and employees throughout their Oxbow Careers. This is a small department, and you will be hands-on in the performance of HR Functions.
1. Develop and implement recruitment strategies for hourly and salaried positions. Post open positions on websites, screen candidates, schedule and participate in interviews, assist with selection, prepare employment offers, coorinate pre-employment drug tests/background checks.
2. Oversee all aspects of temporary staffing, including agency selection, contract negotiation, order placement, service feedback and agency relationship management.
3. Work with managers to maintain accurate job descriptions for all positions.
4. Conduct/oversee new employee onboarding: processing new hires on first day, conduct orientation, meeting with new employees, scheduling classes with facilitators,
5. Select and Supervise the HR Assistant, providing training and ongoing development.
7. Take ownership of turnover and retention efforts. Conduct stay and exit interviews.
8. Manage employee benefits; educate employees about benefits, process enrollments, assist with claim problems.
9. Monitor compliance, audit I-9 and other documents to be certain we follow relevant state and federal regulations.
10. Participate in unemployment hearings, complete employment verifications.
11. Review, amend and update HR Policies/procedures
12. Collect, analyze and report key HR Metrics to support sound strategic and operational management.
13. Maintain employee performance assessment schedules, notifying managers and supervisors of upcoming assessments and providing access to appropriate forms. Support managers as needed with employee coaching, progressive discipline and related documentation.
14. Other duties as assigned
Bachelors degree in HR or related field preferred.
2-5 years of HR Generalist experience
Working knowledge of Employment related laws, processes and compliance.
Strong organizatonal skills.
Oxbow Animal Health