At CSG Actuarial, an Integrity Marketing Company, we are building a talented software development team focused on building innovative tools in the insurance industry. We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to drive successful completion of software development projects and customer onboarding initiatives. This role will partner with the Product Manager and implementation teams to realize the product vision. We’ve built a great engineering team upon a solid foundation of industry and market experience. Are you looking for an opportunity to pursue big ideas with a nimble, skilled and engaged team? This role might be the role for you.
Project Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Plan project milestones and ensure timely fulfillment of requirements
- Assist in definition of project scope and objectives and compiling input from stakeholders and technical experts
- Manages third-party relationships to ensure adherence to implementation schedule
- Measure and report on project performance to communicate progress and risks
- Manage project risks to ensure appropriate and timely mitigation steps
- Partners with Product Manager to ensure priorities meet relevant project objectives
- Coordinates work between development and implementation teams to enable nimble execution on market opportunities.
- Contributes to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization.
- Facilitates and supports all scrum events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
CSG Actuarial offers Competitive Compensation, Flexible Hours, Reduced Summer Hours, Casual Work Environment, Casual Dress Code, Excellent PTO. Benefits include: Health Insurance, 401(k), LTD, STD, Voluntary Life
Project Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Knowledge of an agile framework or method (i.e. Scrum, Kanban), or understanding of software development life cycle models as well as in-depth knowledge of traditional project management principles and practices
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Preferred
- Exemplifies and promotes Agile values and principles
- Outstanding communication, organization, facilitation, and coaching skills
- Adept at refinement, story splitting, estimation, velocity, retrospection, and other Scrum techniques
- Planning, problem solving and risk management with product management and delivery teams
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of product or project leadership experience, or 3 years of project development experience on an Agile Team or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Demonstrated experience facilitating meetings at multiple levels of an organization and an understanding of facilitation techniques
- Experience in Insurance and/or financial services is a plus.
- Strong familiarity with Atlassian Products (Jira, Confluence) is a plus.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, and Excel