Don't just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Ameristar Council Bluffs Casino Hotel, we think youll enjoy an exciting industry, fast paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
- Responsible for supervising staff and the overall daily management of a designated shift in the Table Games department. Supports, administers, and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Adheres to scheduling and coordinates with manager regarding any concerns, with attention to guest satisfaction.
- May be responsible for assisting in the budget process for the department by providing recommendations; supports compliance to departmental budget initiatives; reports budget concerns to manager.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with departmental and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise.
- Works closely with the Shift Manager to implement and oversee overall strategies for customer service, comping, games layout and mix, revenue growth, and expense management in order to maximize profitability.
- Shares responsibility for the overall engagement of all team members by addressing and managing team member feedback, suggestions, complaints, and grievances.
- Responsible for the accountability of the chips, cards, dice, and all other gaming equipment.
- Assists with verifications of table inventories and effectively manages table limits.
- Assists in the maintenance and processing of all paperwork, logs, schedules, and communication pertaining to the Table Games department.
- Maintains a continuous inspection of cards and dice, ensuring the security of assigned table games during assigned shift.
- Shares responsibility for the overall integrity of daily operations on assigned shift.
- Responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance within area of authority and reporting potential issues to management.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
- Associate degree (A.A.) in related field; or four (4) years of experience in a comparable Table Games Operations supervisory position; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have knowledge of all Table Games and Table Games Operations.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be fluent and literate in English.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) and have knowledge of Table Games operating systems.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff, and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to dealing with issues.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must be flexible to work all shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as business needs dictate.
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there's a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you'll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ameristar Casino Council Bluffs