Licensed Practical Nurse
Childrens Square U.S.A. Council Bluffs, IA
Children’s Square USA is currently seeking nursing staff to care for youth ages 0-18 years residing in the Children's Square residential treatment program and emergency youth shelter. Youth served in either of these programs often have complex physical and mental health needs. We are are looking for an LPN to be a part of our continuum of care, recognizing the importance of integrated physical health and behavioral health treatment.
The professional we are seeking will have the vision, courage, and will to positively impact the health and wellness of our most vulnerable youth. This professional will be responsible for the medical care, medication administration, assessment, treatment, infection control, and first aid for staff, students and visitors.
We are seeking candidates who are able to commit to one to three (12-hour) overnight shifts per week (7:00 PM - 7:00 AM).
Full- and 3/4-time employees are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package.
- Provide assessment, treatment and referral necessary to ensure good health care for all students.
- Oversee medication management for all the programs and ensure that it is conducted according to the best practice, policy and procedures and licensing.
- Work with the infection control consultant to identify, analyze, report and control infections for students and staff.
- Actively participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team to accomplish quality treatment planning and implementation.
- Handle lab tests for students as ordered, following agency policies and procedures.
- Know the licensing and accreditation standards that apply to health services and implement them.
- Promote a positive team and work environment that will facilitate the fulfillment of the agency mission.
- Provides nursing care for assigned students as efficiently as possible.
- Communicates relevant student information to other treatment team members using the formats established by Children’s Square policy and procedure.
- Follow agency policies and procedures regarding the review of physical interventions and the reporting of suspected child abuse.
- Provide education on medical needs, procedures and medications to students, their families and to staff as needed.
- Provide timely, accurate assessment and appropriate follow up or referral.
- Work on the shift in the residential treatment program or emergency shelter.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Associates Degree or Diploma in Nursing.
- Current license as an LPN in the state of Iowa.
- Psychiatric experience with children preferred.
- Ability to interpret and apply licensing, accreditation and policies and procedures to daily work.
- Ability to decide on appropriate treatments, medication actions and dietary changes essential.
- Ability to work in therapeutic team environment.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish relationships with a wide range of individuals.
- Some database experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills required, which includes using email, Word, Excel, electronic health record (EHR) systems, portals, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to interact with clients and children with sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences in the service population.
- Must be able to handle confidential information appropriately
- Must be able to interact and work cooperatively and effectively with other personnel and clients
- Valid driver's license with a driving record that is insurable under agency’s insurance
| Date Posted
May 11, 2020
| Date Closes
August 1, 2020
North 6th St. & Ave. E
| Located In
Council Bluffs, IA
| Job Type
Hourly Wage, Based on Experience
| Start Date
| Positions Available
| SOC Category
29-2061.00 Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses
This job offers the following benefits
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Casual Dress
- Free Parking
- Nursing Facilities
- On-the-Job Training
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
This job requires the following skills
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
This job is related to other jobs in these career categories