Reporting to a Maintenance Supervisor, the Utility Garage is responsible for operating, fueling, checking/adding fluids and cleaning revenue buses, paratransit vans, cars, and other Metro vehicles. This is a safety sensitive position subject to Department of Transportation (DOT) random drug and alcohol testing. This is a non-exempt position that has been collectively bargained.
Schedule: Evening hours. Hours will vary to accommodate fleet vehicle placing as needed.
Starting Wage: $21.89 + 2% night premium
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Possess or have ability to obtain and retain a valid Commercial Drivers License (CDL)
- Demonstrate and maintain a safe driving record
- Possess and demonstrate minimal mechanical skills
- Effective communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience and ability to use a variety of shop equipment
- Excellent verifiable work history and attendance record
- Basic level computer skills
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.
- Must pass Department of Transportation (DOT) physical, back screen, drug screen, and complete a background check
Essential Job Duties & Functions:
- Regular and predictable performance of essential job duties and functions.
- Ensure all Metro fleet vehicles are completely fueled and fluids topped, and ready for service.
- Document fuel and fluid usage.
- Operate and park all Metro fleet vehicles according to facility parking plan. Complete bus placer sheets.
- Perform probing and vaulting of cash fare boxes.
- Clean exterior of all fleet vehicles.
- Perform inspection of all fleet vehicles. Report any vehicle maintenance issues to supervisor.
- Drain and alcohol air tanks.
- Conduct weekly coolant checks. Clean radiator and charge air cooler, when required.
- Change vehicle tires as needed. Perform regular checks of tires and wheels.
- Perform light maintenance repairs. Conduct service road-calls.
- Maintain and keep fueling area clean, contain any spills immediately and report to the appropriate personnel.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Metro considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, age, pregnancy, marital status, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, or any other protected basis prohibited by law.
“An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer”