The Network Security Technician is responsible for the maintenance of facility and vehicle security systems.
Schedule: Monday - Friday
Salary: $24 to $28 per hour (commensurate with experience)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Regular and predictable performance of essential job duties.
- Maintain all vehicle and building security access control and video systems.
- Test and evaluate new products, technologies, and innovations relevant to Metro’s security systems.
- Design and install vehicle IT systems in all company acquired vehicles.
- Organize and maintain inventory of all equipment and parts necessary for vehicle IT systems.
- Create and maintain documentation for all vehicle hard disk drives.
- Ensure security system installation and functionality.
- Maintain digital displays and automatice vehicle location (AVL) system devices.
- Assist building access control databases.
- Provide assistance to IT Director for network infrastructure and application security, as needed.
- Provide assistance with workstation security software and hardware.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
- Associates degree in Information Technology or Computer Science, and/or 1 - 2 years experience with video and access security systems hardware and software.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve video and access control system problems.
- Strong attention to detail and mechanical ability.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Basic knowledge of layer 2 and layer 3 networking.
- Basic knowledge of data network and workstation security.
- Knowledge of workstation components and interoperability of those components.
- Good job performance and attendance record.
- Positive attitude and team player.
- Ability to pass physical, back screen and drug screen, and complete background check
ONLY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"
Metro considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, age, pregnancy, marital status, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or any other protected basis prohibited by law.???????