Join the fun and dynamic team at Beth El Synagogue!
We’re looking for a person who enjoys bringing their best to any task at hand and has a strong team-player mentality. The person in this position will ensure that all matters are addressed in a timely and professional manner. As the Receptionist / Administrative Assistant you will be a part of the team. You should have outstanding customer service experience, strong organizational and communications skills, and the ability to maintain confidentiality. This person supports the Executive Director, Senior Staff and Support Team.
Applicants with prior experience supporting a key executive, managing a bustling office, solving problems on the fly or implementing solutions to help a team work more effectively are encouraged to apply! Salary will be dependent on experience.
Main Responsibilities Include:
• Handle incoming calls and make follow-up calls as needed
• Preparation of letters, memos, reports, and other types of correspondence.
• Membership Management; Maintain files correspondence and communications
• Assist Accounting Dept with AR / AP data entry and filing
• Assist coworkers and congregants as needed
• Communicate and Collaborate with staff on a variety of projects
• Handle confidential donor information with sensitivity, integrity, and accuracy
Other duties as determined by the Executive Director
Qualifications and Skills:
• Great written and interpersonal communication skills
• Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing demands
• Collaborative and cooperative
• Proactive with the ability to anticipate the needs of those you support
• Familiarity with Judaism and experience in a Jewish environment will be helpful
• Strong computer skills and comfort with workplace technology
• Excellent judgment and decision-making abilities
• Organize and prioritize work in accordance with supervisory input
• Demonstrate strong organizational and analytic skills
• Carry out tasks with a high attention to excellence and detail
• Function effectively with moderate supervision
• Manage time well
• Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
• High level of creativity and ingenuity
• Can-do, positive attitude
• Team-player mentality
• Problem solving skills
Experience: Minimum of 3 years in a busy office environment. Prior experience in supporting a senior executive and working in a non-profit environment preferred.
• Flexibility to work outside the normal schedule to accommodate and support occasional evening/weekend events (generally 1-2/month at most) Preferred
Schedule: Monday, Tuesday Thursday 9 – 5,
Wednesday 10 – 6 (when school is in session)
Friday 9 – 3, Saturday 10 – 1 (1x month)
customer service receptionist clerical office administrative assistant omaha jobs
Beth El Synagogue