Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica) is a great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace.
Farm Credit Services of America is seeking an Analytics Engineer to join our Risk Forecasting & Decision Sciences team. The Analytics Engineer will build and manage a comprehensive suite of analytical datasets for purposes shared across Risk Management and Finance teams. The Analytics Engineer will leverage a knowledge of advanced analytics to wrangle, integrate, transform, and deploy data for analytical purposes.
The Risk Forecasting & Decision Sciences team helps promote a culture of evidence-based decision making and supports FCSAmerica’s strategic objectives by developing and maintaining analytical solutions that provide insights within the Association and across the Farm Credit System. The team acts as a center of excellence for advanced analytics. The ideal candidate would bring forth extensive experience designing datasets for analytical purposes in a data engineering or data science capacity.
- Support Risk Forecasting and Decision Science’s responsibilities as a center of excellence for advanced analytics within the association by demonstrating data usefulness and the analytics mindset.
- Ensure that analytical datasets are well understood by users across Risk Management and Finance and designed to meet their evolving needs.
- Cultivate, upkeep, and promote analytical datasets for purposes of portfolio modeling and management.
- Evolve analytical datasets for application decisioning, account management, collateral evaluations, etc.
- Partner with stakeholders to scope work, build project plans for data development, execute work in accordance with plans, and maintain open communication throughout builds.
- Assess data needs and data quality andgather and transform data from a variety of sources to form datasets suitable for ongoing analytical demands.
- Work with Product Managers and Data Stewards to promote sound data governance practices.
- Work with Product Managers and Business Owners when analytical data are to be incorporated into enterprise-wide data layers.
- Document data designs and establish ongoing monitoring processes to support the Association’s model risk management policies.
- Bachelor'sdegree in Computer Sciences, Data Science, or related field
- Graduate degree in Computer Sciences, Data Science, or related field (preferred)
- 6+ years' experiencedesigning datasets for analytical purposes in a data engineering, data science, or other relevant capacity
- Experience programming in SQL and with statistical programming languages such as R, Python, SAS, etc.