Network Analyst | Professional Work Environment | High-Tech Products and Services
Radio Engineering Industries, Inc. (REI) is a leading manufacturer of infotainment, video surveillance and fleet management solutions for public transit, rail, school transportation and commercial transportation. REI is a growing, 82-year-old family-owned company that is looking to add to our employee base.
Position Summary: As our new Network Analyst, you will apply your network expertise to support REI’s data communication infrastructures.
As a Network Analyst, you must be:
- An expert in your field
- Diligent – you are attentive and persistent in doing anything.
- Thorough – you leave no stone unturned to find the answers
- Disciplined – you know the rules and live by them
- Independent – Able to work on your own
- Analytical - you understand that information gathering and analyzing is crucial to decision-making
As a Network Analyst, you will:
- Plan, design, analyze, and provide technical support for data communication networks.
- Research and evaluate network technology and recommends purchases of network equipment.
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades.
- Secure network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Report network operational status by gathering prioritizing information; managing projects.
- Operate with little to no supervision regarding the implementation of network configurations to ensure the continued stability and growth of the company network infrastructure.
- Configure and manage access points, routers, firewalls, and switches for the company infrastructure and products.
As a Network Analyst, you must have:
- 2-3 years of networking infrastructure experience in a Corporate IT environment preferred with emphasis on Cyber Security. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Experience in a help desk environment, supporting internal customers.
- Active Directory management experience required.
- Strong understanding of subnetting, routing, IPv4 NAT, TCP/IP, 802.11 standards, OSI model.
- CompTIA Network+ and/or Cisco CCNA preferred (CCNA Wireless or CWNA desired).
- Strong knowledge of network management and analysis tools.
- Experience with Wireshark packet capture and analysis, SQL scripting (junior level).
- Basic IIS, scripting, and Linux knowledge is appreciated.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task with efficiency and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
What’s in it for you?
- Stable, growing company that has been in business for 80 years
- Flexible, 40-Hour Work Week
- Casual Dress Environment
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Flexible Spending Account
- Subsidized Health Insurance Plan
- Dental and Vision Plans
- FREE Life and Long-term Disability Insurance
- FREE Long-Term Disability Insurance