As a nationally recognized Cloud Service Provider, FNTS has a proven history guiding our customers through their cloud journey. FNTS has a passion for all things multi-cloud and provides flexible cloud solutions, with a continued focus on orchestrating agility, transparency and IT optimization for our customers, all while keeping cost containment top-of-mind. With an elevated security posture consisting of layered security solutions, FNTS specializes in partnering with customers in highly regulated and compliance-driven industries.
Our culture and our employees are the heart of our story - and we're committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization's success.
Our Modern, Flexible Workplace:
Summary of The Job:
About This Role:
FNTS is now hiring an CICS Sr. Systems Programmer to join the FNTS Team!
This position is a remote role and can be located anywhere in the US with an occasional travel to Omaha if needed . Travel less than 5%.
*** This role is not available for Sponsorship due to FNTS Customer Contracts.***
With over 20 years in the managed IT services industry, First National Technology Solutions (FNTS) is a leading provider of flexible, hosted and remote managed services. FNTS operates multiple state-of-the-art data centers and as well as customized public cloud solutions and best-of-breed technology. FNTS is a nationally recognized leader in managed IT services with a classic Midwest culture and employs an expert team who places high value on work ethic and personalized customer service. FNTS is a subsidiary of First National of Nebraska Inc. (FNNI), a $23 billion multi-state holding company headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, with a strong heritage of banking excellence that dates back more than 150 years.
The person in this position is responsible for all aspects of supporting CICS Services running in a mainframe environment. This person must monitor CICS performance and identify and make adjustments as necessary to maintain peak performance. Strong
problem diagnostics skills are a must. The candidates must be able to work with customers and vendors in resolving CICS related issues. Responsibilities include active participation in planning, design, testing, documenting, and researching all CICS group projects. The candidate must be able to work with other internal support groups,ensuring the environment is capable of providing service as changing requirements dictate. The candidates must possess not only technical expertise, but also effective oral and written communications skills, plus good organizational skills. The candidates must be effective working independently and with others with minimal supervision.
* Support CICS release levels of TS v3.2 and higher.
* Upgrade CICS TS environment with new releases.
* Support CICSPlex SM environment.
* Upgrade CICSPlex SM environment.
* Perform work assignments within CICS using MRO concepts.
* Use CICS Explorer to monitor CICS systems.
* Use RACF to support the client's requirements for CICS Applications.
* Solve complex CICS problems effectively and quickly with minimal assistance and direction.
* Support On-Call 24x7.
* Support clients with various Web application types.
* Solve complex problems with limited assistance.
* Support CICS applications that use DB2.
* Occasional after hours and weekend support
The Ideal Candidate for This Role:
* 10+ Experience as a CICS Systems Programmer
* Experience with CICS TS v3.2 or higher.
* Experience with automation within CICS Systems duties.
* Experience with capacity and performance issues.
* Experience reading and debugging using mainframe core dumps.
* Experience with TSO/ISPF/SDSF/JCL.
* Experience with Disaster Recovery processes.
* Experience with SMP/E.
* Experience with CICS TS with DB2.
* Experience with researching technical issues and possible software solutions.
This role will require fingerprinting after an offer is accepted and prior to starting in the role if selected to join FNTS.
* Experience with IBM CICS Tools IA, CM, PA, and DA.
* Experience with Omegamon XE.
* Experience with programming languages like; Assembler, REXX, other script languages, etc.
* Experience with High Availability Applications.
* Knowledge of Hogan and Umbrella highly desirable
Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion:
FNTS is committed to belonging, inclusion, diversity and equity. We are committed to intentionally and proactively creating pathways to success for historically underrepresented populations. To accomplish this, we foster a culture of belonging and inclusion so that every employee is valued, and has opportunity and the ability to make an impact. We strive to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve in the makeup of our workforce.
See the full FNTS Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Statement here
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Self-Print Poster
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Supplement for Federal Contractors
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' GINA Supplement
|Date Posted||May 18, 2023|
|Date Closes||June 17, 2023|
|Address||201 North 16th Street Omaha, NE 68102|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Work At||Omaha - FN Tech Ctr|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Assistant Professor - Computer Science, Design, and Journalism
Assistant Professor - Psychiatric / Mental Health - Phoenix campus