We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone. Ronald Reagan
Are you looking for a career that is meaningful, and provides you with an opportunity to help others? At Heritage Communities, we exist to make lives better for our active residents. If you're ready to make an impact in the lives of others, we invite you to reach out to us today!
The Life Enrichment Assistant is responsible for life enrichment services and programs including intellectual, educational, social, cultural, religious, physical, volunteer and creative activities. The incumbent ensures engaging resident activities, complies with company policies, local, state and federal regulations and supports the advancement of our business strategy. The Life Enrichment Assistant promotes a positive culture that focuses on our core values of Compassion, Trust, Respect and Fun for residents and associates.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote a positive, inclusive culture through demonstrated behaviors that are aligned with our Core Values of Compassion, Respect, Trust and Fun.
- Establish and evolve positive relationships with residents, families, associates, OnCare Home Health, regulatory agencies, vendors and third-party providers.
- Assist in readying associates and community for inspection by regulatory agencies through regular quality assessments, completing corrective actions, accurate and current record keeping practices, policy compliance, emergency preparedness, etc.
- Meet with prospective families or residents, coordinate resident move-in's and facilitate new resident orientations.
- Plan, execute and promote community activities and events based upon resident interests, talents and hobbies.
- Create and develop activities plans, schedules and promotional materials.
- Assist with creation of community newsletter, promotions and posts to social media and company websites.
- Maintain a safe, sanitary and hazard-free community environment through the prevention of accidents, preservation of equipment and safe work practices.
Education and Experience
- 1+ years of experience in a senior living or related industry preferred.
- 1+ years of experience in activity development, planning and execution preferred.
- 1+ years of experience providing care to cognitive and memory-care residents or patients preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in business, accounting or related field preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with diverse groups including colleagues, clients and various business contacts at various levels ranging from front-line employees to senior executives.
- Demonstrated ability to promote a culture of Compassion, Trust, Respect and Fun and operates in the spirit and advocacy for our seniors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to navigate challenging and ambiguous situations involving emotions or conflict.
- Creative problem solving, negotiation and persuasion skills.
Work takes place in a typical office environment equipped with a computer, phone and other office supplies. Work may also take place in the outdoor environment.
Position may also involve exposure to latex, infections and communicable diseases.
Must be able to assist residents with limited mobility, move equipment or materials and lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds intermittently throughout the day.
10% 25% (local travel)