Heritage OnCare Home Health is currently seeking an experienced Speech Language Pathologist to join our rapidly growing team.
The Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) provides direct client care services primarily delivered on a unit basis in the client's home and or place of residence. The SLP Case Manager will promote the growth of Heritage OnCare Home Health by representing the organization, its mission, and its role in the community in a professional manner.
The agency provides all technology needed to complete the position's tasks, (phone, tablet, EMR, internet access, etc). We offer competitive wages and mileage reimbursement, and our care is based in the Omaha metro area.
With OnCare, you'll be a part of an experienced home health team of leaders and peers, with ample opportunity for mentorship and career growth throughout the organization.
Responsibilities may include:
- Knowledgeable of patient/client legal rights, respects patient/client rights always, and reports the failure of any other person to comply with patient rights including abuse, neglect, or disrespect.
- Maintains confidentiality about all patient's personal, financial, and health information including following HIPAA guidelines. Does not share agency issues, concerns, or problems with patients/clients/customers or other entities.
- Deals tactfully with team members, patients, families, visitors and government agencies/personnel.
- Knowledge of case management theory and assessment process related to home care and knowledgeable of Medicare regulation.
- Must possess the ability to make independent medical and or safety decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and incorporate them into existing clinical practices.
- Evaluate, direct and provide speech/language pathology service to patients in the home or facility setting.
- Understands and utilizes universal precautions, utilizes and maintains equipment and requests supplies as needed
- Performs necessary documentation including: consent, evaluations, assessments, plan of care development, prior level of function, discharge planning and follow through, and order entry and adherence to, etc. in a timely manner and per agency policy. Initiates and revises client care plan for the Nursing Assistants.
- Consults all client physicians, to ensure agency programming meets or exceeds their expectations and any orders they have given. Devises a realistic client plan of care for the physician's approval after the initial evaluation visit. Reviews the plan of care as often as the severity of the client's condition requires, but at least every 60 days. Informs the physician and other healthcare team members of changes in the client's conditions and needs.
- Meets the patients goals and needs and provides quality care by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results; determining SLP treatment plans in consultation with physicians or by prescription.
- Evaluate speech language test results and medical or background information to plan treatment for speech, language, fluency, voice, and swallowing disorders.
- Graduated from an approved Speech Language Pathologist program with a Master's Degree or Doctorate of Speech Language Pathology.
- Must be licensed as a SLP in the states of Nebraska and Iowa
- ASHA Certification; with a Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC)
- Must possess a current CPR certification
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Be of good moral character
- Not have been convicted of a crime under the laws of Nebraska or another jurisdiction, the penalty for which is imprisonment for a period of more than one year.