RN Team Lead
All Care Health Center Council Bluffs, IA
The RN Team Lead position uses an integrative approach to promote wellness and address the medical, behavioral health, substance use, and social determinants of health of an assigned panel of patients. Functions as a member of the multidisciplinary treatment team to assess needs, and develop, implement and revise comprehensive care plans for children, adults, and families. This position coordinates with the care team and other community resources and supports to optimize outcomes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitates the integration between the medical, dental, and social services departments at All Care Health Center. These efforts include but not limited to:
- Helping patients access care with a Provider
- Correlation of care between the departments
- Coordinates and leads daily team huddle meetings
- Participates in Quality Improvement (QI), Quality Assurance (QA) and Continuous Quality Improvement Activities (CQI) as appropriate.
- Facilitates health services for patients who are being referred from outside ACHC
- Maintains established relationships and participates on initiatives with community partners to improve access to medical and behavioral health services
- Ensures the provider team’s schedules are at capacity.
- Provides care coordination services and evidence based interventions that improve health outcomes. These services and interventions include but not limited to:
- Assist patients with getting medications. This may include but not limited to:
- Helping patients complete medication assistance paperwork
- Securing medication to dispense from Safe Net RX
- Medication refills and prior authorizations as needed.
- Supports medication management focusing on treatment adherence, medication refills and monitoring any possible side effects or complications.
- Responsible for facilitation medication administration on long acting injectable antipsychotics.
- Provides nursing care duties to patients with medical needs as situations arise.
- Facilitates transport of patients to the hospital when a higher level of care is required.
- Facilitate referrals to Social Worker for patients that are in need of additional services (housing, vocational rehab, inpatient substance abuse treatment etc.)
- Follows up on referrals and facilitates referrals to outside facilities as requested by provider staff
- Assist with primary and secondary prevention efforts including education, screening etc. as indicated.
- Develop population management strategies and interventions to assist ACHC in meeting established metrics for the medical and mental health department.
- Utilize effective nursing communication techniques that facilitate patient engagement and follow up care for the medical and mental health department.
- Demonstrate proficiency with the electronic medical record. Documentation of all patient interactions in chart, and track patient data in registry tool to monitor patient caseload.
- Facilitate triage and other nursing duties as needed by other care teams at ACHC
- Under the direct supervision of the Nurse Manager, this position is responsible for the day to day clinical oversight of the Medical Assistants.
- Participates in applicant interviews and hiring decisions
- Collaborates with the Nurse Manager on employee relations matters
- Registered Nurse (RN) required
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited nursing program preferred
- One year of full-time work-related experience in agency and/or medical clinic service delivery (counseling, case management, outreach, prevention/education, etc.)
| Date Posted
January 28, 2020
| Date Closes
February 27, 2020
| Located In
Council Bluffs, IA
| Job Type
| SOC Category
29-1141.00 Registered Nurses
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories