Habitat for Humanity of Omaha is actively seeking a Staff Accountant. At Habitat Omaha, we have a clear vision to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and to do their best work. Our vision is to see a world where everyone has a safe, affordable place to live, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees. Our dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected in the work that we do externally in the community, as well as internally with our employment practices.
The Staff Accountant is a full time position at Habitat for Humanity of Omaha and is responsible for the monthly consolidation and reporting process, as well as accounting for employee benefits, contributions, corporate credit cards, all ReStore operations, bank account reconciliations and other areas of accounting, among other duties.
• Assist in preparation of monthly closing and consolidation of all Habitat for Humanity entities
• Prepare and distribute monthly departmental financial reports
• Manage and process all contribution accounting and non-donation deposits, including credit card and ACH activity, in coordination with the Development department. Involves custom coding for management reporting purposes.
• Prepare and manage all ReStore operations accounting, including accounting for sales, inventory, and sales tax, and prepare adhoc reports for management.
• Maintain all Gift In Kind (GIK) accounting
• Maintain documentation and record loans associated with mortgages
• Manage all bank account reconciliations
• Maintain and reconcile account activity associated with employee benefits
• Prepare/manage accounting for corporate credit cards
• Participate in preparation f
• Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent analytical and math skills.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, emphasis in Excel and Pivot Tables. Sage50 preferred.
• Construction, Retail, and/or Nonprofit accounting experience preferred.
• Must be comfortable and skilled working with a diverse staff and community.
• Must be considerate and respectful of all employees, volunteers and customers.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Habitat for Humanity of Omaha (Habitat Omaha) actively recruits, employs, trains, compensates employees regardless of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetics or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Habitat Omaha complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including workplace harassment.