Iowa Braille and Sight Saving School
Orientation and Mobility Specialist
One position - Mississippi Bend AEA – Itinerant
One position – Great Prairie AEA – Itinerant
One position – Prairie Lakes AEA – Itinerant
Send resume, licensure/certification, copies of transcripts and cover letter electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: IESBVI Human Resources; 3501 Harry Langdon Blvd, Council Bluffs, IA 51503. Additional information and job posting available at www.iesbvi.org Contact Human Resources at Phone: 712-366-3283; Email: email@example.com
• In collaboration with Area Education Agencies (AEAs) and Local Education Agencies (LEAs), and using an itinerant model, the Orientation and Mobility Specialist provides direct and consultative orientation and mobility services to students with visual impairments, in their local school and home settings.
• Formulates appropriate educational objective, activities, evaluation, goals, and instruction.
• Reports student growth and programs to parents periodically.
• Participates as a member of multidisciplinary teams; involved with evaluations; educational planning.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in orientation and mobility plus experience using a computer and other office equipment required. Candidates must meet State of Iowa orientation and mobility specialist licensure requirements by the time of appointment. The ability to travel throughout a designated region within Iowa on a daily basis also required. Information on Iowa licensing requirements may be found at the Board of Educational Examiners webpage: https://boee.iowa.gov/
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree in orientation and mobility and experience with school-age children preferred.
Salary, Benefits, Provided work tools: Salary will be determined by the successful applicant’s educational and teaching experience. (BA degree - $48,400-$75,100; MA degree – $56,800-$87,600). Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities available.
Comprehensive benefit package includes but not limited to:
• Retirement account options
• Life insurance
• Flexible spending accounts- medical and dependent care
Employees are also provided the use of a state vehicle, laptop and cell phone for completion of work duties.
Position Details: Full-time, School-year appointment. Positions starts in August 2023; agency is open to earlier start dates for Mississippi Bend and Great Prairie AEA positions only. Each service region covers multiple Iowa School districts. The ability to travel throughout the designated region within Iowa daily required. Criminal and other relevant background checks also required. Applications will be accepted beginning immediately. Applications accepted until the position is filled.
Available service region includes:
• Mississippi Bend AEA – Full Time (Itinerant) office located in Bettendorf, IA
• Great Prairie AEA – Full Time (Itinerant) office located in Ottumwa, IA
• Prairie Lakes AEA – Full Time (Itinerant) office location in Fort Dodge, IA
Iowa Educational Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired / Iowa Braille and Sight Saving School is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. A Board of Regents, State of Iowa Program
|Date Posted||March 21, 2023|
|Date Closes||April 20, 2023|
|Located In||Bettendorf, IA|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|SOC Category||29-1122.01 Low Vision Therapists, Orientation and Mobility Specialists, and Vision Rehabilitation Therapists|
|Address||3501 Harry Langdon Blvd|
|City, State and Zip||Council Bluffs, IA 51503|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories