RN - Specialty Hospital, 36hrs/wk, 7a-7p
Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital Lincoln, NE
Job Title: RN Staff Job Code: 100046
DEPARTMENT FUNCTION/JOB OVERVIEW
Responsible for using clinical data and various assessment tools to plan, coordinate, provide clinical care and evaluate results of interventions, using a holistic approach for optimal quality. Delivers direct patient care or appropriate delegates to other team members, and manages a group of patients as assigned. Administers prescribed medications and treatments within scope of practice. Assesses and re-assesses patient condition and progress towards goals, reports changes to appropriate team members. Works within the clinical services system to deliver rehabilitative care according to Madonna's philosophy, mission and values and is responsible for establishing rapport and providing excellent customer service.
- Compile, compare, and record patient assessments, patient cares, medications and treatments for documentation of cares rendered.
- Coordinate, compile, analyze and record patient care information to establish and evaluate patientsâ?? progress towards goals and the nursing plan of care.
- Instruct patient and family by explanation, demonstration and supervised practice to assist patient to be as independent as possible.
- Directly provides, or appropriately delegates, cares, vital signs, treatments and medications as prescribed.
- Utilizes individual job descriptions, programs, policies and procedures to ensure quality care delivery.
- Administers medications as ordered, collaborates with Pharmacy to assure adequate supplies and documents patient response to medication regimen as appropriate.
- Submit billable supply charges to ensure accuracy on patients accounts.
- Applies current research and evidence to expand knowledge.
- Mentor patients and their families to inform them of patients progress and to provide them emotional support and education as necessary to build towards discharge.
- Instruct, train, and acclimate new employees to department policies and procedures.
- Interact with physicians and discuss clinical issues for safe patient care.
- Discerns between significant and insignificant clinical changes in patient status and responds appropriately.
- Develops rapport with patients and their families by proactive rounding, answering call lights in a timely manner, and keeping white boards updated. Communicates regularly and succinctly with supervisor, physician (if necessary), and other team members regarding patients condition, response to medications, concerns, and patient goals to ensure quality service delivery.
- Provides supervision and delegation for LPN, unlicensed personnel students and nurse residents.
- Engages with clinical leadership to provide a safe and therapeutic environment. Takes initiative to participate in unit-based and organization responsibilities.
- Setup, maintain and assure a safe environment for the department. Maintain and operate all necessary medical equipment and perform required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury. Medical devices must be kept clean, accessible and in working order. These devices may include, but are not limited to:
IV infusion pump
beds, wheelchairs, stretchers
digital wheelchair scale and bed scale
vital sign monitors
patient lifts, portable and stationary
Moving furniture and equipment within the 35 pound weight restriction for safe patient handling. Seeks appropriate assistance as necessary to prevent injury.
- Directs reordering and stocking of supplies and medications.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Medium work with frequent lifting. Manual patient transfer or reposition which does not exceed the equivalent of 35 pounds of force to lift, push or pull. Requires sufficient strength to produce 50 pounds of force to push a wheelchair with a 300-pound individual on level surfaces. Constant walking with maximum duration of up 30 minutes sustained walking on tile, carpet and other surfaces. Must tolerate frequent standing with sustained periods of up to 1 hour on tile, carpet, and shower surfaces. Must tolerate frequent sitting with sustained periods of up to 1 hour. Frequent reaching with both arms at low, waist, and high levels. Frequent grasping of both hands for transfers and repositioning requiring normal grip strength based on national averages. Frequent stooping, bending, and twisting are required for patient care. Constant near visual acuity to evaluate and monitor patients. Ordinary hearing and speaking skills. May be exposed to biohazardous materials.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/training and/or Experience)
Must possess current Nebraska R.N. licensure. Requires current Module C CPR certification. Demonstrate ability to provide leadership, two years clinical experience preferred.
Background checking is conducted on applicants for this position with the agencies as required by Nebraska State regulations, in addition to any other agencies as determined by Madonna. Applicants must sign authorization forms (when required by the agency) to release information to Madonna.
| Date Posted
November 11, 2019
| Date Closes
November 26, 2019
| Located In
Lincoln-Madonna Main Campus
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories