Human Resources Manager - Omaha, full-time
Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital Omaha, NE
* Ensures quality documents, files, and information is in excellent order for accrediting agencies and surveyors.
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Job Code: 880251
Immediate Supervisor: Vice President Human Resources
At Madonna, we combine heartfelt hospitality with incomparable innovation and education. Our clinical expertise, world-class research and state of the art equipment empower us to help all patients, even those whose diagnoses pose the most complex challenges. Our investment in the exceptional talent, groundbreaking technology and progressive treatments is changing the face of rehabilitation. Other hospitals treat patients, we change lives! Madonna Miracles and breakthrough moments happen every day; when patients who could not previously walk or speak independently, joyfully celebrate when they hear: â??Now You Canâ? We are excited about the opportunity to partner with individuals who wish to be in health care! Now is the opportunity to be a part of something meaningful!
* Responsible for supervision, management, leadership and oversight of the Human Resources and Volunteer Resources
operations at the Omaha campus.
* Supervises HR and Volunteer Resources support staff as well as information desk staff at the Omaha campus.
* Responsible for providing guidance and support for employee relations across campuses, serving as back-up to the
Employee Relations Manager for the Lincoln campus.
* Provides leadership and guidance to all facility managers and supervisors on matters of significance in employee relations
including leading investigations, providing guidance on performance management steps, discipline options up to and
including termination of employment following Madonna policies, procedures and guidelines.
* Responsible to recruit and ensure hiring and retention of quality support staff for Madonna primarily in the facility support
areas including Environmental Services (housekeeping), Food Services, Linen and other areas or positions as assigned.
* Responsible for Omaha campus HR office operations and scheduling of support staff to ensure office coverage and quality
service to customers.
* Oversees the organization and structure for the Omaha campus Project Search program.
* Ensures compliance with Madonna federal, state and other regulations.
* Responsible for assistance and back-up to recruiters and/or Recruitment Manager across campuses.
* Processes requisitions and submits reports on hiring requisitions and activities for vacant positions to expedite the recruitment
process following established procedures and timelines.
* Utilizes data to identify trends for purposes of recruitment marketing and advertisement purposes to fill positions and retain staff.
* Analyzes trends and outcomes for support positions filled; outlines annual strategies for recruitment and retention. Assists Employee
Relations Manager in analyzing recruitment, retention and turnover data/issues for support positions in order to identify problem
areas for reducing turnover and retention of staff for assigned areas.
* Initiates and interpret employment contracts and work collaboratively with others (legal, managers, supervisor) following Madonna
procedures in order to ensure compliance and appropriate terms are in place based on Madonna expectations and according to
* Responsible for coordination of and retention of the Project Search contract (MOU agreement) and updating year to year between
agencies, the school(s), and Madonna.
* Establishes recruitment plans for facility support positions. Places internal and external postings or placing advertisements,
updating social media initiating bulk mailers, attending career fairs and events for the purpose of hiring qualified individuals.
* Compiles and reviews application documents including employment application, licensure and/or credentials, VISA/I-9 requirements,
etc., in order to ensure applicants meet qualifications for employment. Responsible for ensuring complete and accurate Human
Resources records following HR procedures. Serves as the Omaha campus contact regarding background checks with appropriate
agencies adhering to regulation. Ensures new hire employee files are accurate and complete.
* Assists with facilitating contracts and coordinates process for agency contract personnel for Omaha campus recruitment.
* Reviews and recommends updates for recruitment contracts or agreements in collaboration Recruitment Manager.
* Ensures compliance with I-9 documentation and all Human Resources retention procedures. Tracks and audits I-9 and other
documentation to ensure employment and audits eligibility for new hires and when visas expire for current employees.
* Extends job offers, establishes start date and schedules new hire health screens for new hires in collaboration with Employee Health
and hiring managers.
* Supervises Omaha HR and Volunteer office support staff and Information Desk employees. Recruits, hires, coaches, conducts
performance reviews, counsels and disciplines Omaha campus assigned staff. Responsible to ensure timely and organized
orientation and training of new Human Resources staff to provide support and knowledge of facility and system policies, procedures
* Must be strong in employee relations management and employment regulations.
* Leads investigations for complaints and employee or volunteer-related issues using sound planning, organization, and excellent HR
principles following Madonna corporate office policy and procedures. Assists Employee Relations Manager (Lincoln) on employee
relations matters serving as back-up in their absence at the Lincoln campus. Counsels supervisors and managers on employee
relations matters, complaints, and or other issues or regarding questions on policy and procedures and in keeping with regulation
and consistency in the organization to ensure sound practices and nondiscrimination and to ensure appropriate conflict resolution
within regulation and facility guidelines. Responsible for effective and efficient outcomes with sound investigation and decision-
making skills in determining best course of action given all facts and circumstances.
* Guides managers and others regarding interviewing and selection processes and related employment matters to ensure compliance
with Madonna HR system policies and government regulations. Assists with career fairs and events (on-site or off-site) as
determined needed by the Recruitment Manager.
* Collaborates with Volunteer Resources Supervisor (Lincoln campus) on matters relating to Volunteer Resources in order to be an on-
campus resource for guidance and support using consistency of practices across campuses.
* Leads and coordinates and is the key contact for the Omaha campus Project Search program serving as the liaison between agencies,
school systems, Madonnaâ??s Program Manager, and other Madonna personnel, including the VP Human Resources. Collaborates with
agencies and Madonna staff for events and activities which support the program.
* Operates telephone to communicate effectively within the Human Resources department, system, external departments, staff, applicants, referral agencies and
other publics and to schedule interviews for applicants, meetings and other calendar entries.
* Operates computer, fax and all Human Resources software and equipment efficiently in order to efficiently complete job duties.
* Provides and operates motor vehicle and travels as necessary in order to fulfill recruitment plans and maintain visibility in the community.
* Requires frequent travel to the Lincoln campus a minimum of once or twice per month for HR meetings
High school equivalency plus two years post high school education in Human Resources or business related field required. Bachelor's degree preferred. Four years applicable Human Resources experience required. Two of the four yearsâ?? Human Resources experience requires employee relations supervision or management. PHR or other equivalent to SHRM or HRCI certification required. SPHR or other equivalent senior level HR certification preferred. Additional relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education. Must have demonstrated knowledge and interpretation experience with federal and state employment laws and application in the work setting in particular as it relates to employee relations. Employee relations supervisory experience in a comparable size organization required; health care experience preferred. Recruitment experience required; health care recruitment preferred. Must be a team player; demonstrate excellent collaboration, communication and critical thinking and judgment skills. Must provide outstanding service to all customers. Knowledge and demonstrated experience of employment laws and practices required. Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be able to prioritize effectively and efficiently with multiple projects and deadlines. Must have current valid Nebraska driver's license and must submit a copy of current driver's abstract reflecting a good driving record.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: Madonna is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOW YOU CAN: Turn your work into your lifeâ??s mission! See first-hand impact on members and their families! Love your job and your team! Go home at the end of the day knowing that you have made a difference!
EXAMPLES OF HOPE & HEALING - FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/Madonna.Rehabilitation.Hospitals/
VIRTUAL TOUR: https://www.madonna.org/our-locations/lincoln-campus-virtual-tour
| Date Posted
June 28, 2020
| Date Closes
July 13, 2020
| Located In
Omaha-Madonna Main Campus
| SOC Category
This job is related to other jobs in these career categories