Recruiter - Omaha, 40hrs/wk, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm Mon - Fri
Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital Omaha, NE
Job Title: Recruiter
Job Code: 880371
Immediate Supervisor: Recruitment Manager
At Madonna, we combine heartfelt hospitality with incomparable innovation and education. Our clinical expertise, world-class research and state of the art equipment empower us to help all patients, even those whose diagnoses pose the most complex challenges. Our investment in the exceptional talent, groundbreaking technology and progressive treatments is changing the face of rehabilitation. Other hospitals treat patients, we change lives! Madonna Miracles and breakthrough moments happen every day; when patients who could not previously walk or speak independently, joyfully celebrate when they hear: â??Now You Canâ? We are excited about the opportunity to partner with individuals who wish to be in health care! Now is the opportunity to be a part of something meaningful!
* Responsible for recruitment of qualified and quality staff to fill vacant positions for Madonna.
* Develops sources of qualified applicants and recruitment strategies to effectively attract applicants.
* Conducts screening interviews, and recommends candidates for appropriate positions. Works with recruitment team and to develop strategies and plans for recruitment of qualified applicants.
* Collaborates and communicates effectively with supervisors and other leadership as well as within the HR System to ensure excellent strategic plans are effective and jointly planned.
* Responsible for reporting and analysis of recruitment and/or retention statistics to aide in meeting facility objectives for hiring and retention of staff.
* Participates in committees and project teams as assigned in order to collaborate with facility leadership on recruitment initiatives.
* Represents the hospital in career/recruitment events, representing Madonna in a professional manner. Requires travel driving own vehicle and flexibility of schedule to work weekdays, evenings or weekends, locally or
regionally and across campuses as assigned. May be assigned to work across campuses for HR office coverage.
* Excellent attendance is required and an essential function for this position according to Madonnaâ??s standards and recruitment needs due to the nature of the duties of this position and the need for Madonna to recruit and
hire staff for the facility. Assists with HR general office coverage.
* Assists with orientation of staff, supervisors, and managers as assigned within the framework of Madonna system policies, government regulation, accrediting agency standards, or other regulatory requirements.
* Assists with maintaining employment policies and procedures as assigned for ensuring consistent, effective processes and procedures.
* Maintains highest level of integrity and confidentiality of all records, including but not limited to employee data, applicant information, and facility policies and procedures within department and external to department at
all times. Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external customer satisfaction for Madonna as a whole while upholding Madonna's mission and values.
* Receives, monitors, analyzes and reports on requisitions for vacant positions to expedite the recruitment process while following established procedures and timelines.
* Compiles and organizes data in a reporting structure to identify trends for purposes of recruitment, marketing, and advertisement to fill positions effectively and retain staff.
* Collaborates with supervisor to design and prepare employment advertisements according to need and deadlines to meet EEO guidelines and Madonna brand philosophy and objectives in order to generate qualified
* Compiles and reviews application documents including employment application, licensure and/or credentials, to ensure applicants meet position qualifications for employment.
* Establishes salary and benefit level compensation appropriate for the positions filled accurately and according to Madonna policy and procedures for newly hired and reclassified employees to ensure all credit for
experience, reclassification, and applicable policies are followed.
* Reviews job descriptions prior to posting positions to ensure content and format are current, consistent, and meet MRH and regulatory guidelines, reviewing documents and criteria to ensure applicants meet minimum
requirements. Follows up with managers in cases where job descriptions require updating before posting positions.
* Collaborates with supervisor to analyze recruitment, retention and turnover data to identify problem areas for reducing turnover and effective recruitment strategies.
* Extends job offers, establishes start dates and schedules new hire health screens in the absence or preference of the hiring manager.
* Assists supervisor with recruitment budget development and review and recommendations for current and/or future planning.
* May assist with personnel files review at time of hire and/or at time of state, accrediting agency, and any other surveys to ensure files are complete and in compliance with Madonna facility and HR System requirements
as assigned by supervisor or system leader.
* Fills positions timely and accurately according to Madonna standards to ensure non-discriminatory processes and procedures in behaviors, and processes used in the selection process by all involved.
* Collaborates with supervisor, marketing, and others on methods to advertise and market opportunities within budget.
* Conducts screening interviews to identify and refer the best qualified applicants who meet Madonna's expectations while promoting customer satisfaction.
* Assists with organizing open house activities and attending career fairs or conferences as assigned in order in accordance with recruitment plans.
* Instructs managers and staff regarding interviewing and selection processes and related employment issues to ensure compliance with Madonna system policies and government regulations.
* Conducts employment verification on qualified candidates (either in writing or by phone) according to established guidelines.
* Coordinates the process for completing background checks on job candidates.
* Facilitates and contacts background check provider and appropriate agencies regarding background check results and/or reports on applicants, new hires and current employees.
* Updates job information in the Madonnaâ??s applicant (TEDS) system in order to ensure accurate information is posted. Interacts and communicates with co-workers, residents/patients and other individuals in a respectful,
courteous, friendly and compassionate manner, in accordance with Madonna's Mission and Core Values. Communicates and collaborates with all others in order to ensure information is clearly and regularly conveyed and
disseminated in such a manner which facilitates positive internal and external customer service.
* Collaborates and communicates effectively with supervisors on hiring issues and uses effective problem-solving skills.
* Assists with answering telephone and greeting and assisting customers in Human Resources as needed in order to ensure excellent customer service.
* Participates on internal and/or external committees and organizations as assigned by supervisor and/or Vice President Human Resources in order to stay abreast of recruitment trends.
* Operates telephone to communicate with departments, staff, applicants, referral agencies, etc.
* Maintains a clean, organized and safe environment according to facility and department expectations. Handles and operates all necessary equipment and performs required duties according to established safety standards
to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
* Operates Human Resources software and equipment to prepare correspondence, advertisements or reports and to process applicant information timely and accurately.
* Operates computer, fax machine, copiers and printers and other office equipment effectively and efficiently.
* Provides and operates motor vehicle and travel in order to fulfill recruitment plans.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Indoor - Sedentary work - Occasionally lifts and carries up to 30 pounds when transporting materials. Some climbing and balancing to reach computer books and supplies stored on high shelves. Some stooping and crouching to do filing. Frequent reaching and handling of various papers. Ordinary talking and hearing to answer inquiries by phone or in person continuously. Seeing acuity, near and far continuously, with depth perception and accommodation with extensive computer review of applications and information. Some exposure to chemicals. Occasional exposure to outside when attending recruitment functions. Mobility required in order to travel and drive to scheduled recruitment events, to assist at other Madonna campuses, or to external meetings as needed locally and regionally, evenings and weekends.
Must be available to work extended daily schedule, in addition to weekends and evenings. Must demonstrate positive and confident presentation skills in interviews and with public presentations.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/training and/or Experience)
High school equivalency plus minimum of two years post-high school education with course work in Human Resources or business required. Four years applicable (as determined by Madonna) employment recruitment experience required. Health care experience recruiting for a comparable size organization preferred. PHR or equivalent certification preferred. Additional relevant Human Resources experience may be considered in lieu of formal post-high school education as determined by Madonna.
Demonstrated knowledge and application of employment laws, procedures and regulatory matters required. Must have demonstrated experience and knowledge of computer software (preferably Microsoft Office Products, i.e., Word, Excel, Access, etc.), general office machines, 10-key calculator and Human Resources related systems. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Demonstrated interviewing and public presentation skills with confidence, sound social skills, and ease of communications. Must have excellent organizational and communication skills with all audiences. Must have demonstrated excellent and independent problem solving skills with all audiences, sound prioritization of assignments, and proactive customer service skills. Must have demonstrated excellent teamwork skills and collaborative team approach to problem-solving as well as developing initiatives to meet system and facility goals. Must have and maintain a current driver's license and submit a copy of current driver's abstract reflecting a good driving record. Must demonstrate high level of integrity and adherence to facility and department confidentiality and Core Values expectations within the Human Resources department as well as external to the department. Must be able to work in fast paced demanding situations without adverse reaction and be able to problem-solve independently and timely with customers, team members and other audiences in a positive manner.
Requires flexibility of schedule to work extended evening or weekend hours for recruitment and special projects as needed.
Background checks are conducted. When specific authorization forms are requested so that full background and history can be obtained, employees/applicants must sign the form(s) requested.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: Madonna is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOW YOU CAN: Turn your work into your lifeâ??s mission! See first-hand impact on members and their families! Love your job and your team! Go home at the end of the day knowing that you have made a difference!
EXAMPLES OF HOPE & HEALING - FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/Madonna.Rehabilitation.Hospitals/
| Date Posted
July 6, 2020
| Date Closes
July 21, 2020
| Located In
Omaha-Madonna Main Campus
| SOC Category