The Patient Financial Services/Billing Department has an Insurance Follow-up Specialists position available. This position is accountable for timely follow up on all outstanding insurance account receivables, including resolution of denials. They are also responsible to review overpaid claims and process refunds as needed. Experience needed: knowledge of medical billing, at least two years of insurance follow-up experience, ability to read and interpret insurance explanation of benefits or remittance advice, ability to review and interpret medical records, experience in oncology/accounts receivable desirable.
Essential Job Duties and Skills:
1. Monitor assigned inventory daily to ensure all timely filing guidelines are met.
2. Place outgoing calls to insurance companies to inquire on claim status
3. Ensure account balances are correct and balances are assigned to the appropriate insurance or patient bucket. Process adjustments or transfers as needed.
4. Resubmit corrected claims with supporting documentation as appropriate
5. Research and review insurance denials from insurance companies
6. Complete and submit reconsideration requests or appeals to insurance companies
7. Answer questions from patients and third party payers regarding accounts
8. Review incoming mail and correspondence and take appropriate actions
9. Review overpaid accounts and process refunds for all payers as appropriate
10. Thoroughly documents all follow up activity in practice management system
Nebraska Cancer Specialists strives to be the best and we know our staff makes a difference. The clinic is open Monday through Friday, closed on weekends and holidays. We offer great pay, health insurance, free life insurance and long term disability, vision, dental, 401K and much more!
If you have experience in insurance follow-up and are a positive team player, then please apply!
|Date Posted||May 2, 2018|
|Date Closes||June 1, 2018|
|Address||611 Fenwick Drive|
|Located In||Papillion, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Experience Level||Entry Level (0-2 yrs. experience)|
|Hours||40 hours per week|
|SOC Category||43-9041.01 Insurance Claims Clerks|
|Address||7500 Mercy Road, Suite #1300|
|City, State and Zip||Omaha, NE 68124|
This job offers the following benefits
This job is related other jobs in these career categories