RN Case Manager- Oncology
Nebraska Cancer Specialists Omaha, NE
Nebraska Cancer Specialists has an opening for an Oncology RN Case Manager. The RN Case Manager will work collaboratively with physicians, nurse practitioners and other health care team members. The ideal candidate must be able to assess the needs of NCS patients and make decisions on appropriate interventions based on clinical knowledge and collaboration with other team members. RN Case Management experience in oncology is preferred, however, extensive RN oncology or case management experience will be considered.
Job Duties may include:
- Triages patient calls and handles patient issues/concerns in a timely, professional and courteous manner. When available, works with other case managers to help answer their patient calls. Discusses patient care issues with practitioners as needed.
- Takes care of filling all appropriate medications for our patients. Checks EMR system to ensure refill is necessary and accurate. Uses the E-Scribe system to facilitate refills.
- Ensures all necessary documentation of interactions with patients is in the patient’s electronic chart.
- Monitors the fax machine and ensures all faxes are taken care of in a timely manner. Ensures faxed reports are brought to the attention of a provider. Works closely with medical records department to ensure faxed reports are scanned into the patient’s chart.
- Works with the intake/case manager secretary to assure all necessary documents are available to the physician at the time of initial consultation.
- Instructs patients according to their needs as directed by a provider.
Nebraska Cancer Specialists offers great benefits such as health insurance, long term disability, life insurance, 401K, flex spending, an Employee Assistance Program and a generous paid time off plan.
NCS is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.
| Date Posted
March 11, 2019
| Date Closes
May 10, 2019
| Located In
| Job Type
Hourly Wage, Varies
40 hours per week
| Start Date
| SOC Category
29-1141.00 Registered Nurses
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacations
- Wellness Program
This job requires the following skills
- Medical Case Management
This job is related other jobs in these career categories