Assist university community and partnered areas with exemplary support through the utilization and promotion of industry standard tools. This position will participate in and organize research and testing of new technologies, documentation of processes, tracking of inventory, writing reports and will work with our stakeholders to provide hardware and software support as well as training for desktops, laptops, mobile devices, printers and classroom AV equipment. They will work closely with other specialists throughout ITS including networking, security, and endpoint management to provide industry standard best practices and to be the liaison for our partnered areas and university community by providing consultations and recommendations from the product and service catalog maintained by Information Technology Services.
- Associate’s degree in technology or related field; equivalency considered
- Three years of experience with desktop and/or helpdesk support; required
- Thorough knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows and/or Apple macOS operating systems, software application administration, and hardware; required
- Experience with direct customer support in face-to-face and/or remotely; required
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral; required
- Ability to work cooperatively and autonomously on tasks and projects; required
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities and duties; required
- Strong organizational skills; necessary
- Experience with technology research and development and procurement; preferred
- Experience with managing vendor interaction; preferred
This position has a minimum annual salary of $41,600 and works in Lincoln, NE. Please complete the standard application at https://careers.nebraska.edu/postings/1363. Attach a resume, cover letter and the names, email addresses and telephone numbers for three professional references.
Please note: Sponsorship will not be offered for this position.
If you should need assistance with your application, please call 402-472-3701.
University of Nebraska, UNCA