Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
As a Staff Pychiatrist, you will join Boys Town National Research Hospital in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. Under the general direction of the Director of the Boys Town National Research Hospital, the Staff Psychiatrist will act as supervising practitioner and will direct the planning and implementation of treatment for youth in behavioral health services. The Staff Psychiatrist must meet Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services Standards and The Joint Commission Standards regarding diagnosing and treating major mental illness within the scope of practice.
- Serves as the attending psychiatrist/physician for assigned behavioral health youth and will write orders for admissions to include the DSM IV diagnosis, Axis I-V.
- If assigned as a supervising practitioner for the PRTF program or inpatient unit, the physician will perform the following functions: Responsible for all behavioral health youth requiring psychotherapy; and a) directly supervises practitioners providing group, individual, and family therapy; b) individually meets with each assigned youth at least 1 time per week; and c) spends approximately 45 minutes (or more often as clinically necessary) per month and per client. This includes face to face time with client, treatment plan reviews, and clinical and treatment supervision. Responsible to write orders for the tests and evaluations needed for youth assessment and physician progress notes will document need for tests/evaluations ordered and results. Directs the planning and implementation of the Comprehensive Treatment Plan. Reviews Comprehensive Treatment Plan to indicate modifications and progress at least monthly. Acts as supervising practitioner of the therapeutic milieu and therapeutic interventions. Available for treatment consultation on a 24-hour a day basis by phone, and able to report in person when needed.
- Evaluates and documents the patients current medication regime and progress.
- Designs and conducts clinical and/or basic research projects in area of specialty as approved for the Executive Vice President of Healthcare, Boys Town National Research Hospital, consistent with the overall goals of Boys Town National Research Hospital.
- Participates in the development of program/project objectives, sub-objectives, and staffing needs for the medical program as may be required for sound management decision making.
- Doctor of Medicine degree required, from an accredited medical school
- Must be a certified Psychiatrist by the Board of Psychiatry and must possess or be eligible for licensure in the State of Nebraska
- A minimum of 5 years experience, working with youth
- Must possess demonstrated experience in applying knowledge of behavioral health systems.
- Previous experience directing the planning and implementation of the Comprehensive Treatment Plan for PRTF or inpatient psychiatric unit.
- Ability to apply excellent communication skills to give clear instructions and delegate authority and interpersonal skills necessary to negotiate and mediate in stressful situations.
- Ability to provide diagnosis and treatment of mental illness to provide quality patient care.
- Ability to communicate concisely, and work well with professional, support staff, and youth.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply online. Questions, in confidence, may be sent to:
Talent Acquisition Partner
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: April 14, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
Boys Town National Research Hospital