Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Job Summary:We have multiple research assistant positions open in the DICoN Laboratory at the Institute for Human Neuroscience at Boys Town National Research Hospital. Join a vibrant and growing group of cognitive neuroscientists in Omaha using state-of-the-art neuroimaging equipment and resources in the new 15,000+ square foot Institute for Human Neuroscience building, with ample opportunities for career development, including enrollment in local neuroscience or psychology PhD programs and MD/PhD programs, as well as placement in other nationally recognized research programs. Applicants with interest and previous experience in developmental psychology and/or aging will be given preference, but the DICoN Lab maintains a broad umbrella of existing projects and primarily seeks the best candidates to join our team. Major research-dedicated tools in the laboratory include two 306-sensor Neo MEG systems, a 3T Siemens Prisma magnet, brain stimulation equipment, and other cutting-edge neuroscience tools.
Successful applicants will have extensive opportunities to learn the latest neuroscience methods, conduct hands-on research with human participants, and author and co-author manuscripts.
Schedule: Full time hours. Start dates are negotiable but could be as early as June 7, 2021
- Assists in data collection and managing databases. Enters data from testing, managing subject files and keeping track of subject compensation.
- Assists in the recruitment, scheduling, and testing in research studies using human subjects. Assists in advertising for new studies, phone screens of potential participants, scheduling testing and administering behavioral testing.
- Uses computers to analyze results of experiments. Assists in processing imaging data and collecting behavioral data for different research projects.
- High-school diploma required. BA/BS in neuroscience, psychology, computer science, or a related field, with a demonstrated interest in research strongly preferred.
- Previous research experience working with human subjects is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, close attention to details, math aptitude, and flexibility in duties performed.
- Ability to apply knowledge gained through coursework in psychology, biology, chemistry, physics, neuroscience and/or computer science.
About Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. Our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: April 21, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
Boys Town National Research Hospital