Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Job Summary: In a career as a Foreign Language Interpreter, in this role, provides accurate Foreign Language translation for all Non-English speaking individuals who may have limited English proficiency. Reports to Coordinator of Patient Representatives and Supervisor Medical Interpreters Surgery Center.
Schedule: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm.
- Provides Foreign Language interpreting services for patients, employees, and other designated customers of Boys Town National Research Hospital.
- Assists in translating medical information to internal and external customers.
- Translates patient education information as requested.
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality.
- Assists in patient follow-up as directed including telephone contact.
- Follows electronic patient scheduling templates and is able to document in the electronic medical record as applicable to the service provided, i.e. telephone tasking.
- Displays optimal customer service skills.
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to work with a variety of cultures and ethnic diversity.
- Fluent in Foreign Language and English and ability to read, write and speak both languages.
- Ability to speak clearly in both languages.
- Ability to work with all ages of clients.
- Ability to be flexible, organized, handle multiple requests, establish priorities, and maintain professionalism.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in Foreign Language and English.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to respond to a variety of demands in a professional manner and to prioritize multiple requests.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Written verification of language competency, preferred.
- Must have excellent knowledge of English and Foreign Language, including excellent oral and written skills.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology, required.
- Demonstration of language competency, required.
- Working knowledge of using a personal computer, preferred.
- Previous experience in hospital or medical clinic, preferred.
About Boys Town National Research Hospital:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference. Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: November 15, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
Boys Town National Research Hospital