Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Job Summary: Under the administrative direction of the Director of the Institute for Human Neuroscience, the Neuroimaging Engineer will coordinate operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting on all of the MRI and MEG instrumentation. This person will develop and implement computer algorithms for analyzing MEG/MRI data and assume major responsibility for software and hardware support, development, and implementation in the neuroimaging-focused Institute for Human Neuroscience that serves 6 labs.
- Tunes, operates, maintains, troubleshoots and/or repairs complex custom neuroimaging equipment (two MEG instruments, an MRI instrument, and a future OPM instrument) and associated software systems.
- Handles equipment installations, upgrades, peripherals, and/or maintenance on these instruments.
- Interfaces with facilities to ensure proper operational environment is maintained to minimize impacts on the equipment.
- Assumes major responsibility for software and hardware support, development, and implementation in a neuroimaging-focused neuroscience lab
- Inspects assembled equipment to ensure proper installation
- Interacts with researchers and clinicians regarding status of commissioning on a daily basis.
- Creates and maintains service information in the company database.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Physics required. Master's degree in Engineering, Physics, or other quantitative field is preferred.
- Proficient/skilled with various software programs.
- Ability to work independently, anticipate and solve problems.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time, manual, dexterity, and technical expertise.
- Ability to work cooperatively with individuals at all levels.
About Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: December 3, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
Boys Town National Research Hospital