Are you looking for an opportunity to build a great career with a company where you and your efforts will truly be valued? Join our team at Sapp Bros.! We operate a chain of travel centers stretching from Utah to Pennsylvania, providing our customers with quality products, a clean environment, and a commitment to excellent service. We are currently looking for experienced and hard-working candidates to fill open Diesel Mechanic positions.
In this role, you will service heavy-duty trucks and trailers and will troubleshoot problems and conduct repairs in a thorough and efficient manner. We offer competitive compensation, tool assistance program, including benefits and plenty of opportunities for advancement. If you want a great job with a fantastic company, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you. Contact us today!
As a Diesel Mechanic, you will inspect, diagnose, and repair mechanical, electrical, and other defects in our guests' heavy-duty semi-tractors and trailers, providing a full range of diesel repair and maintenance services.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
* Ensuring that customer needs are met in a professional, timely, and efficient manner
* Replacing and balancing tires, following established tire dismount and mount procedures
* Repairing or replacing starters, generators, and universal joints
* Adjusting and/or replacing brakes
* Discussing service and repair problems with customers when necessary
* Helping to complete work orders
* Performing emergency repairs in the field
* Performing minor arc welding
* Help train and advance other team members
* Ensuring that housekeeping guidelines are followed
* Following all established safety guidelines, including 100% compliance for Lock Out Tag Out
* Adhering to established drain plug torque procedures
* Performing additional duties assigned by your manager
* Operates service truck and provides road side repairs, including tires
Our Safety Mission Statement is to sustain zero accidents by providing a safe environment, worked in by safety minded employees
As a Diesel Mechanic, you must be reliable and hard working with strong mechanical and technical inclination. You must also be highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. It is also important that you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a cooperative attitude, and a willingness to assist others.
Qualifications for the position include:
* High school graduate or GED, preferred
* Minimum 18 years of age
* Valid Driverâ??s License with a good driving record
* Minimum 1 year of previously related experience in automotive or diesel, preferred
* A combination of training, education, and/or experience equivalent to the standards set forth by Sapp Bros service center
* Ability to diagnose mechanical and electrical problems
* ASE Certification, preferred
* Ability to provide proper documentation establishing your identity and eligibility to be legally employed in the United States
* Willingness to undergo a criminal background and employment reference check
As a Sapp Bros. employee you will be part of an established company with a long tradition of commitment to quality, ethics, and superior customer service. If you are in search of an opportunity to use your leadership, creativity, communication, and people skills in a fun and rewarding environment, then we have a place for you on our team. We offer opportunities for advancement and competitive compensation that includes a great benefits package.
* Health, Vision & Dental Insurance
* Life & Accident Insurance
* Prescription Plan
* Paid Holidays & Vacation
* Education Assistance Program
* ASE Certifications paid for by company
* Tool Assistance Program
* Gym Membership Reimbursement
* Discounts on Gasoline & Diesel
* Store & Restaurant Discounts
* Career Advancement - We promote from within!