POSITION SUMMARY :
• This therapeutic mentor will serve as a direct care staff for our residential substance abuse treatment facility that serves adult women. This position provides supervision and support to residents as a part of the 24 hour direct care staff. The tech will be part of the team that provides oversight for the women during nontraditional business hours. This position is for three overnight shifts and one evening shift.
• Provides supervision and support for program participants as a part of residential program staffing for 24 hour per day, 7 day per week schedule.
• Documents client activity, progress and needs per established record keeping procedures.
• Participates in monthly staff meetings to obtain information, provide information, and assist with service planning.
• Provides support services for program participants under the direction of therapeutic staff.
• Operate basic office equipment as needed to meet facility needs.
• Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of facility, including monitoring program participants’ activities.
• Orients clients to facility rules and addresses client non-compliance as necessary to create a safe and secure environment for other residents.
• Works as a team member with other program staff to provide direct care to clients.
• Observes program participants during medication time, documenting compliance/noncompliance.
• Exhibit good verbal/written communication skills
• Remains knowledgeable of support group services that provide support services for persons with substance abuse problems and their families. • Answer or direct incoming referrals with appropriate information.
• Develops supportive relationship with clients.
• Displays a courteous and caring attitude at all times to the clientele, volunteers, and visitors of the Agency.
• Cooperates and collaborates with program area staff, volunteers, and other Agency staff.
• Is dependable and punctual regarding scheduling and attendance.
• Abides by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies, and requirements.
• Develops personal and program related skills through participation in internal and external training opportunities including printed material and audio and/or visual media. This will include but is not limited to recognition of co-occurring conditions.
• Performs other program related duties as assigned.
PREFERRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Interest/Education in human services, psychology, social work, sociology or a related field
• 2 or more years experience in human services field
• Alcohol/drug abuse experience preferred •
Valid driver license/ acceptable driving record
• Knowledge of the 12 steps treatment program
• High School Diploma
• Valid Driver license/acceptable driving record
• Associates degree or higher in human service related field or two years experience/training or lived recovery experience with demonstrated skills and competencies in the provision of substance abuse services.
|Date Posted||September 24, 2019|
|Date Closes||October 24, 2019|
|Address||401 S. 39th Street|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Part-time Employee|
|Compensation||Hourly Wage, Varies, Based on Experience|
|Experience Level||Entry Level (0-2 yrs. experience)|
Three overnight shifts and one evenings shift. Days off would be Tues, Wed, Thurs.
|Hours||40 hours hours per week; Four 10 hours Days|
|SOC Category||29-9099.00 Healthcare Practitioners and Technical Workers, All Other|
This job offers the following benefits
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories