- Purpose of Job
- Position Summary: Computed Tomography (CT) Technologist is responsible for completing specialized CT procedures in accordance with organizational policies and established professional standards of care. This position is accountable for the quality of the examinations completing utilizing specialized knowledge, judgment and critical thinking skills necessary to obtain accurate diagnostic images. Responsible for all duties related to patient care or other duties as necessary. Demonstrate active involvement in the department.
- Job Requirements
- Associate’s Degree required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Current American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification, relevant specialty required radiology license in CT.
- Currently licensed in the State of Nebraska required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification upon completion of orientation required.
- 1-2 years of experience working as a CT Technologist, or;
- Successful completion of a CT Externship through an approved CT school, or;
- 3-5 years of experience working as a Rad Tech required.
- Ability to manage and interact with patients and families of all age groups preferred.
- Ability to work at a fast pace preferred.
- Physical Requirements
- Stands and or walks frequently.
- Sits frequently.
- Lifts and or carries up to 20 lbs. frequently, 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Pushes and/or pulls up to 20 lbs. frequently.
- Bends, stoops and crouches frequently.
- Reaches floor-waist frequently.
- Manual dexterity, eye hand coordination.
- Tasks involve exposure to blood, body fluids, tissues and other potentially infectious materials.
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
Minimize radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding and knowledge of exposure factors.
Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
Maintains professional and technical knowledge with continuing education.
Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements.
Ensures operation of radiology equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
Identifies patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in apposition to understand service requirements.
Performs quality control, maintains accreditation and all regulatory guidelines.
Maintains accurate records to satisfy any accrediting organizations.
Takes department call as assigned.
Demonstrates commitment to continual learning, growth and development by participating in continuing education activities and staying abreast of changing technology, new procedures and protocols.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values ~ Living Our Values, and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
Methodist Health System