Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Applications Sr. Analyst
EpicCare Orders Analyst
***Resume and Cover Letter Required for Consideration***
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
This EpicCare Orders Analyst will perform a wide variety of duties related to the EpicCare Inpatient suite of applications. Responsibilities include building Orders and related content, Order sets, physician Workspaces, navigators, decision support, and orders interfaces. Additional responsibilities for analysts include application maintenance, designing, developing, testing and implementing new workflows for acute care settings.
Our EpicCare Orders Applicatoins Sr. Analyst Analyze and translate workflow and documentation requirements for clinical and/or business processes into efficient and effective application systems solutions through collaboration with members of interprofessional care teams, operational leaders, technical team members, and other relevant stakeholders. Plan, design, develop, validate, test, implement, evaluate, maintain, and provide on-going trouble-shooting and support of comprehensive information system components to meet needs and business requirements. Perform quality assurance and integrated testing of current and newly released vendor functionality to ensure system reliability. Coordinate projects across applications and develops application specific enhancements and reports in alignment with organizational priorities. Provide 24/7 support for applications within accountability.
* Minimum of four years experience in designated area of application supported, to include direct experience with applications/systems and end-user support required.
* High school education or equivalent required.
* Bachelor's degree OR equivalent combination of education/experience combined (one year of education equals one year of experience) required.
* If supporting an Epic application the ability to obtain appropriate EPIC Certification with six months of hire required.
* Proficient knowledge and ability to employ systems analysis and quality assurance concepts, techniques, industry best practices, tools and standard required.
* Strong communication, interpersonal, and rapport-building skills required.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications required, specifically Outlook, Excel, and Power Point required.
* Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking required.
* Ability to translate an understanding of computer system capabilities to address user process requirements required.
* Analytical skills necessary to apply expertise to problems and/or increase operational efficiency with systems required.
* Ability to analyze the functionality of systems and their fit within specifications required.
* Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Nebraska or current compact state license or appropriate allied health license or registration in the state of Nebraska only as required in accordance with appropriate health-related degree required.
* Experience with workflow analysis or development of application solutions preferred.
* Experience with specific business or clinical system used in job (e.g. Lawson, Omnicell, etc.) preferred.
* If supporting an Epic application, experience in Epic applications, other electronic health record applications, and/or healthcare operations background (e.g., clinical, billing, scheduling, access services, health information management, etc.) preferred.
* Master's degree preferred.
* Epic applications certification preferred. EPIC certification in designated application area(s) is strongly preferred.
* Knowledge of clinical, business, and/or operational healthcare hospital/clinic workflows preferred.
* Proficient in Microsoft Visio preferred. Strong project management and presentation skills preferred.
* Professional level certification from an accredited organization in relevant informatics, health information technology, clinical or business specialties preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.
|Date Posted||July 13, 2020|
|Date Closes||July 28, 2020|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
This job is related to other jobs in these career categories