Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:Third Shift (United States of America)
Nebraska Medicine is now taking applications for a talented individual to join us as a Polysomnographic Technologist.
The Polysomnographic Technologist at Nebraska Medicine plays an integral part of healing and serving our patients. This specific role will be working from the Sleep Center in our Lauritzen Outpatient Center on the main campus.
Assure high quality patient care and service by being a member of the patient care team in evaluating and providing optimal sleep studies as accepted by the medical directors of sleep medicine, American Association for sleep medicine and the pulmonary services director.
- Full Time (0.9 FTE / 36 hours)
- Overnight Shift / 12 hours shifts
- 7:00 PM - 7:30 AM varied days of the week; some weekend shifts
- No 'call' responsibility.
Why Nebraska Medicine:
- Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
- Minimum of two years experience as a respiratory therapist required.
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Graduate from an American Medical Association (AMA) approved respiratory care program required.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) and licensed in the State of Nebraska required.
- Ability to communicate effectively required.
- Good equipment/troubleshooting skills required.
- Experience with equipment utilized in the scope of practice required.
- Proficient with computer technology required.
- Registered Polysomnography Technician (RPSGT) by Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT) required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate required.
- Prior scoring experience preferred.
- Previous clinical experience in a sleep lab environment preferred. * Bachelor's degree preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.