Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Nebraska Medicine is seeking a talented individual to join us as an Occupational Therapist for our main campus! This position will be Casual/PRN for an as needed basis.
Our approach is to work one-on-one with individuals of all ages and ability levels. Personalized treatment plans vary from patient to patient, but always include methods, equipment and techniques that enhance healing and aid in reducing the risk of re-injury. Come join our team of dedicated staff!
- First Shift
- Casual/PRN - on an as needed basis- not benefit eligible
- Weekday hours available + 2 weekend shifts per month
Why Nebraska Medicine:
- Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Perform evaluations, planning, and implementation of occupational therapy treatments. Assist with department goal setting, program planning, clinical instruction, and staff instruction in order to maintain a progressive and educationally motivated staff. Carry out day to day communication and duties with teamwork and professionalism.
- Graduate of an approved program for occupational therapy with a Bachelor's degree or higher required.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, strong team orientation, and proficiency with items found in a typical OT facility (e.g., transfer and ADL adaptive equipment and splint supplies) required.
- National Board of Certification in Occupational Therapy registered or eligible to take exam is required.
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the state of Nebraska is required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification upon completion of unit orientation required.
- Physical Agent Modality Certification preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.