Love what you do. Omaha Steaks employees work every day to deliver experiences that bring families and friends together, across the country. We're proud to sell world-famous steaks and a menu of outstanding, wholesome products. The work is worthy of our name and the exceptional customer experience makes a lasting impression.
Big brand, small company. Your work will help define the future of an American heritage brand and household name. Omaha Steaks reach is broad and impact is huge; our team is small, adventurous, and entrepreneurial. If you're energized by making things happen, this is the place for you.
It's all in the family. Literally. We're a fifth-generation family-owned business, and they're not peering down from boardroom windows -- the owners and leadership team actually run the business every day. You'll find genuine relationships with every employee, with a family focus on safety, health care, educational assistance, and wellness.
- Develops, implements and administers base pay, bonus, incentive, and holiday pay programs ensuring internal and external pay equity. Provides input and guidance to managers and supervisors on pay related issues.
- Analyzes and assigns pay grade placement for all exempt and non-exempt positions and develops job descriptions. Conducts and participates in compensation surveys and administers salary structures and point arrays. Works with managers and supervisors to ensure job descriptions are current and accurate. Works closely with the Human Resources Department to ensure new employees are hired at a competitive rate of pay in all business units.
- Develops, implements and administers the performance appraisal program to meet the needs of each business unit. Administers monthly prompter distribution process. Reviews performance evaluations and investigates employee performance evaluation issues.
- Monitors merit pay program to ensure adherence to guidelines.
- Ensures Company compensation policies and procedures are compliant with federal, state and municipal laws and the union contract.
- Creates, distributes and maintains monthly compensation reports for senior management.
- Designs and delivers training programs relevant to areas of responsibility. Remains current on market conditions and trends.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 4-year college degree with emphasis in Human Resources, Finance or Business Administration.
- CCP or CMS preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of Compensation experience required. Experience in organizational design preferred.
- ADP WorkForceNow Compensation and Performance Dashboard experience is preferred but not required.
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills coupled with excellent interpersonal and team skills. Ability to communicate with all levels of employees while maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Ability to use a high degree of independent judgment to make sound decisions.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and possess excellent follow through skills. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple responsibilities and continual interruptions.
- Must have exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and investigate problems, develop options and implement solutions.