Unique Career Opportunity!
- You will work in an exceptionally clean facility with easy and safe-to-use high tech machinery. We are extremely proud that all three of our production plants have received the prestigious Star Safety Award through the OSHA Voluntary Protection Program. This award is highly regarded and sets us apart in the Omaha Area.
- You will normally have nights and weekends free-start in the morning and end in the afternoon.
- You will get advanced training that will help you learn a skilled trade and develop into an expert to help you succeed in this position and prepare you for future growth opportunities at Omaha Steaks.
- You will have the opportunity to be part of an experienced team. You will work side-by-side with many employees who have been here for 10 years or much longer!
Great Place to Work!
- Love what you do. Omaha Steaks employees work every day to deliver experiences that bring families and friends together, across the country. We're proud to sell world-famous steaks and a menu of outstanding, wholesome products. The work is worthy of our name and the exceptional customer experience makes a lasting impression.
- Big brand, small company. Your work will help define the future of an American heritage brand and household name. Omaha Steaks reach is broad, and impact is huge; our team is small, adventurous, and entrepreneurial. If you're energized by making things happen, this is the place for you.
- It's all in the family. Literally. We're a fifth-generation family-owned business, and they're not peering down from boardroom windows -- the owners and leadership team actually run the business every day. You'll find genuine relationships with every employee, with a family focus on safety, health care, educational assistance, and wellness.
Essential job duties include but are not limited to:
- Cuts meat into steaks, chops and other products either by hand or by machine to obtain given weight, yield or prescribed specifications.
- Visually inspects fabricated cuts of meat for overall quality. Prepares the meat for cutting by trimming excess fat and trim and determines the best way to cut the meat into steaks.
- Weighs steaks and records the total number of steaks cut, the number of target steaks cut, and the number of oddball steaks cut on a ticket that is attached to the trays of meat.
- Performs various clean up duties such as cleaning scales, maintaining knives, and moving pans of meat to various stations.
- Performs a variety of miscellaneous activities such as repacking of products, carrying pans of product and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Straight knife experience is preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to use knives, scales, and other cutting tools as necessary.
Days and Hours:
- Full-time Days. Work 40 hours per week. Schedules start at 6:30am and end at 3:00pm.Â Hours are based on business needs.
- Military Veterans and their spouses are encouraged to apply.