The Product Owner role is accountable to proactively helping align BT supply with Business Partner technology demand needs. This would include all demand from large strategic partners down to small O&M enhancements. The role will ensure that BT understands respective business partner's highest priorities while maintaining priority of BT resource allocation to ensure work is performed on the highest priority work across the enterprise. The product owner role requires working closely with key stakeholders throughout the organization and beyond and must be able to communicate in all forums about the project and KTLO enhancements.
- Primary liaison between Business Partners and Business Technology department to develop and maintain a strong working relationship and be subject matter experts
- Acquire a full understanding of Business Partner's organization, processes, people and tools.
- Identify Business Partner's current technology priorities and plan for meeting their long term technology needs
- Responsible for developing and managing the product backlog.
- Primary intake for capital project proposals, large O&M projects and O&M enhancements for Business Partner(s).
- Manage the estimations and Business Technology team impacts of Business Partner demand
- Create and maintain Product backlogs. This position understands and coordinates feature backlog for all releases for the platform and their dependencies on each other.
- Assign priority to the Product backlog items.
- Lead, manage and collaborate with cross-functional teams, business partners and stakeholder management for a product(s).
- Plan development cycles with project managers and technical leads to determine scope and priorities.
- Support the Dev Ops tech leads. Organize Sprint Review Meetings and attend sprint planning meetings.
- Clearly communicate the business requirements to the team. Leads the translation of software features into technical requirements (Features) and follow Agile Scrum based Software development. Get detail level of requirement from stakeholders or customers
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies. Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, engineering or technical area or a combination of education and work experience that provides the necessary skills to perform the essential job functions.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of product owner experience supporting technology project and enhancement demand
- Ability to coordinate between various departments impacted by product development
- Ability to provide metrics on active product demand
- Competency in product owner tools and basic office programs (Version One, Jira, MS Project, Share Point, Power Point, MS Office)
- Ability to work in an environment of uncertainty and incomplete information and bring clarity
- Formal Product Owner training and/or certifications
- Experience working with Agile/SCRUM SDLC methodology
Salary Grade: S5
At Omaha Public Power District, we're passionate about three things: power, the people who make it, and the people who rely on it.
WE ARE: Where the Light Starts. OPPD is the 12th-largest public power utility in the U.S., serving over 850,000 people across 5,000 square miles and 13 counties.
WE'RE COMMITTED TO: Each other and the people we serve. This commitment drives us. We're dedicated to providing our communities with affordable, reliable, and environmentally sensitive energy services today, tomorrow, and well into the future.
OUR JOB: To provide power with a purpose. We have real impact - on people's lives, on the environment, and on the future of energy. We're always looking for bright, capable people who want an opportunity to lead from where you arewherever you are and know that your ideas will be heard. If you want to be a source of real, positive change for the community and the people who live in this region, then working for a company acknowledged for caring about these same things is likely a priority for you as well.
Org Marketing Statement
EOE: Protected Veterans/Disability
How To Apply
Apply online at www.oppd.com on or before January 24, 2022.
Recruiter: Laura Fritson - email@example.com - #LI-LF
**PLEASE NOTE** - Your application has not been submitted unless you have applied for a specific requisition. If you have not chosen a specific opening, your application will remain in DRAFT form and will not be viewed by our Human Capital staff.
***OPPD is very aware of the potential risks of COVID-19 and are evaluating all necessary precautions. With that, we are limiting travel and face to face interviews until further notice, so please expect some delays in processing of your application of interest.***
Omaha Public Power District