We are looking for an actuary with drive and the right skill sets to fill a non-traditional role in marketing analytics. Physicians Mutual is an established, growing company that fulfills the needs of Life, Health and Retirement products to retirement age individuals through integrated marketing across multiple channels.
The Director and Actuary, Marketing Analytics reports to the VP Marketing Data and Analytics, and will lead a team of data and analytics professionals providing analytics and insights to the CMO and marketing leadership team. Key duties include:
- Determining profitability of cross-channel marketing programs, accurately attributing value back to marketing dollars spent.
- Forecasting and scenario planning for marketing assumptions, sales and program profitability.
- Builds and maintains actual-to-expected tracking and management systems for highly complex marketing key performance indicators.
- Develops insights around Customer Lifetime Value analytics to drive marketing strategy.
- Manages marketing optimization programs for multi-channel marketing campaigns.
- Performs web and journey measurement and optimization.
- Collaborates closely with the Marketing Data Science Team, Demand Generation, Journey Management, Sales Management and Product Management to drive performance improvements. Derives insights from prospect and customer journeys using web-based analytic tools and commercial CRM solutions like Salesforce.
BA/BS degree in Math, Actuarial Science or related field. Required - FSA with 8+ years of experience in Life and Health Insurance, pricing and marketing experience preferred. 4+ years of managerial, supervisory and/or demonstrated leadership experience.
- Strong analytical, visualization, problem solving and decision-making skills, including the ability to analyze and forecast complex financial and performance data
- Strong knowledge of profitability measurement approaches and Customer Lifetime Value concepts
- Ability to build statistical-based models to predict consumer behavior patterns
- Intellectual curiosity and commitment to mentoring data analytic concepts and techniques to others
- Ability to collaborate with others in an open, creative environment to ensure timely and accurate completion of assigned deliverables, while managing multiple priorities
- Ability to effectively explain complex ideas to senior management
- Expert knowledge in Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Power Point
Summary of Duties
Determines profitability of cross-channel marketing programs, accurately attributing value back to marketing dollars spent
- Tracks all prospects and leads from initial marketing spend through sale, across all touch-points
- Develops value-transfer methodology to assign sales value as leads cross channels
- Assesses and recommends modeling efforts for multi-touch attribution
- Computes profitability (ROI, profit/premium, etc.) of marketing dollars spent at a program level
Designs, builds and maintains actual-to-expected experience systems for projecting and tracking marketing key performance indicators
- Uses statistical modeling to project consumer behavior patterns based on historical experience and marketing assumptions
- Assesses marketing spend, direct mail response, inbound calls, leads, web traffic, sales mix and other metrics relative to assumptions
- Designs and builds tracking systems, reporting and dashboards to communicate marketing performance to marketing teams and senior management
Develops insights around customer lifetime value analytics to drive marketing strategy
- Computes Lifetime Values by Persona, Segment, Channel, and Journey by utilizing policy-level pricing data from the Actuarial area
- Develops strategies to optimize marketing performance using LTV data
- Develops marketing allowances and other KPIs to guide Demand Generation, Journey Management and Sales Management
Manages marketing optimization programs for multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Using ID Resolution, tracks online and offline touch-points at an individual level
- Works with the Marketing Data Science Team to prioritize and interpret modeling efforts
- Monitors and manages performance improvement programs, act as liaison with the Journey Management Team for testing and optimization
Performs Web and Journey measurement and optimization
- Analyzes available web data elements including visitors, product page view, etc. to identify predictive characteristics
- Analyzes journey data elements including calls, visits, etc. to recommend changes that enhance journey goals such as sales and persistency
- Monitor lead and customer experience paths and analyze and recommend improvements
Other duties as assigned
- Billing, retention, and other customer experience analysis
- Ad-hoc and special projects to support corporate marketing efforts
- Train and develop staff on data literacy, analytic tools, visualization techniques, applications of marketing analytics