Front Desk Security Officer
601 Galvin Rd S
Bellevue, NE 68005
Hours: 8am - 5pm
Maintain access control for both employees and visitors at the DPI Location. Greet visitors/review driver's license, take photograph for visitor badge and place data into Easy Lobby system. Maintains a safe environment for Company employees and protects Company property from theft, vandalism, fire or damage. Monitors automated alarm systems and security cameras; coordinates proper response while at the Security Control Center. Monitors surveillance camera systems and building access system to verify identification of employees, delivery personnel etc. Monitors automated alarms for the DPI Center, security and fire alarms, notifies appropriate personnel and directs response as required during routine and/or emergency situations. Prevents and/or detects unauthorized entry of persons into the building, unauthorized employee activity and vandalism while on patrol. Enforces personnel regulations and policies. Responds to emergency situations as required.
Act as ambassador of the company by welcoming visitors upon arrival and directing them to the appropriate areas or personnel. Greets and screens persons requesting access to Company facilities and authorizes or refuses admittance. Verifies employees entering building have and display ID cards. Receives hand delivered packages and letters from outside delivery services; contacts necessary Department regarding delivery. Greets job applicants and provides instructions regarding proper completion of automated Employment Application. Accepts personally delivered premium payments from policyowners; maintains and audits cash box used for premiums. Controls access to emergency elevator keys, phone room key and nurses quarter key.
- High school education or its equivalent is required.
- Working knowledge of computers necessary to monitor security alarm systems, complete computer-generated reports, and enter data into computer databases.
- Familiarity with and ability to follow Company safety and security procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of facility diagrams, location of intrusion detection systems, fire alarms, sprinkler systems, fire extinguishers, safety devices, equipment and emergency exits.
- Ability to deal with intruders with considerable tact and diplomacy in order to avoid escalating situations.
- Ability to produce digital identification cards; maintain access control database, and run necessary reports.
- Knowledge of Force Continuum and ability to determine proper use of force in accordance with training.
- Ability to properly control confidential information.
- Ability to conduct initial investigations of accident and incidents and write detailed reports.
- Excellent customer service skills to enhance interaction with employees, visitors, vendors, and customers.
- Certified Protection Officer (CPO) certification obtained within 1 year of employment.
- Participates in defensive tactics, access control, weather alert, Advanced First Aid (Emergency Responder), and other training as required.
- Participates in defensive tactics, access control, weather alert, first-aid/CPR/AED, and other training as required.
Note: Employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and corporate/client background checks.
Since our start in 1902, Physicians Mutual Insurance Company has held to our founder's promise to provide protection to families when they need it most. In 1970, Physicians Life Insurance Company was founded and became a member of the Physicians Mutual family. Today, we offer health, life and retirement products to millions of people from all walks of life. We've been here for them. Listening. Answering questions. Empowering them with the specialized guidance they need to make confident decisions about their insurance. Over the years, our dedication to delivering on our promise has helped make us one of the nation's leading health and life insurance providers. In fact, we are rated in the top 1% of insurance companies. We consistently maintain some of the highest financial strength ratings in the nation from independent insurance analysts, including A.M. Best Company and Weiss Ratings, ensuring we'll be there for our policyowners and our employees far into the future.