CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
This position will be responsible for managing our Engineering and Construction team in the Omaha Metro area. Our Engineering and Construction team is responsible for building out our network in a given territory and will be a highly visible position as well as being customer facing. The Manager of Construction Engineering will be responsible for Inside Plant and Outside Plant Engineering and will have direct reports that are a combination of Engineer Is, Engineer IIs, Senior Engineers Engineering Project Administrators and Construction Project Administrators.
- Manager will be responsible for managing people, budgets, and customer commitments for a designated territory.
- Manage and supervise staff by appraising performance, training, administering salaries, and communicating department objectives.
- Must be accessible 24 X 7.
- Drive continued training on new systems, improve processes and procedures and push initiatives throughout the organization.
- Help support both CTL engineering teams and engineering contractors with quality and following of processes and productivity.
- Participate in the process of negotiating and or bidding of projects with vendors/contractors for the construction/installation of OSP facilities.
- Responsible for capital and expense budgets to support area along with meeting and exceeding required build schedules for FTTT, Ethernet, GPON, CAF II and business as usual work including growth, rehab, road moves and preservation work.
- Communicate results of cost analysis and provide direction on implementation and the network impact related to major plant additions and rearrangements.
- Continue an outstanding working relationship with the RP/GM Operations Team along with leading/support Market Meetings.
- Drive decisions to lowest level possible to drive towards a local model.
- Lead and support local virtual team.
- Manage and direct plans and specifications to provide high quality service within established time frames and to meet defined financial criteria.
- Serve as the interface on construction matters helping to ensure conformance to established practices and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and training.
- 5-7 years of telecommunications engineering and construction knowledge and experience.
- 2+ year of previous supervisory or leadership experience.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills required, including experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, etc.).
- Comprehensive knowledge of engineering / construction practices and procedures, including underground, buried and aerial construction of copper and fiber facilities, road moves experience required.
- Experience with FireWorks/BidMaster, WFMT, NDS, and other CenturyLink proprietary systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or related field, preferred.
- Experience supervising organized labor employees preferred.
- Experience with supervision of individual contributor level employees preferred.
- Prior experience with budgeting, staffing, and project management is preferred.
- Bachelors or Equivalent in Engineering General or Engineering Management
Alternate Location: US-Nebraska-Omaha
Requisition #: 215009
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.