6123 Cunningham Rd Houston Texas 77041
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Maintenance Technician position in the Houston, TX Coatings site. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will maintain and repair all Galvanizing equipment within the Global Coatings Division. Additionally, you will...
- Perform light electrical work to repair or maintain company equipment
- Move hazardous waste drums from still room to the hazardous waste storage area
- Install and configure new equipment as well as dismantle and replace defective or old parts and machines
- Plan and manage the repair and maintenance of all equipment and buildings
- Adjust necessary equipment to ensure efficient and safe operation
What it takes
- Three years of previous experience in an Industrial Maintenance position
- A working knowledge of pneumatic, electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems
- The ability to demonstrate mechanical/basic electrical knowledge through testing
- Significant electrical knowledge of 480/220 3-phase and 110 volt
- The ability to climb and work from ladders, man lifts, bridge cranes, and roofs in excess of 80 ft.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- The ability to pay close attention to detail and follow work instructions
- Two years of previous experience operating hand and/or power tools
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- An Associate's or Technical degree in Industrial Maintenance or related field
- Six years of previous experience in an Industrial Maintenance position
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
- A working knowledge of metallurgy for fabrication and repair of metal structures/components
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.