1600 East 29th Ave Columbus Nebraska 68601
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Crane Operator position in the Global Utility Division. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will operate mechanical boom and cable equipment to lift and move material, machines, or products through the fabrication process of Valmont products. Additionally, you will...
- Determine load weights and check them against lifting capacities in order to prevent overload
- Operate cranes for lifting, moving, and placing loads
- Inspect and adjust crane mechanisms and lifting accessories in order to prevent malfunctions and damage
- Review daily work and delivery schedules to determine orders, sequences of deliveries, and special loading instructions
- Demonstrate excellent safety practices and behaviors which conform to all Valmont safety policy and procedures
What it takes
- The ability to run an overhead crane safely and effectively
- The ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- The ability to stand and walk up to 90% of the shift
- The ability to identify and communicate maintenance or product problems to departmental supervision
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
- The ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- One year of previous experience with overhead crane operations
- One year of previous experience in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.