15000 Valmont Plaza Omaha Nebraska 68154
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
***Remote work will be considered for this role. Candidates must be in proximity to a major metropolitan airport.***
A Brief Summary of This Position:
As the Supply Chain Material Excellence Leader, you will support material replenishment process improvements to optimize material flow and inventory plans for North American Operations and drive collaborative efforts with finance and operations (manufacturing and supply chain) to achieve desired and 'right size' inventory levels in all manufacturing locations. This role will work across multiple functions and sites to leverage materials planning and analytical skills to optimize material supply chain activities. Use Lean transformation to ensure strategies are implemented and principles/practices/tools are incorporated in both the culture and processes. This position implements and supports actions that bring about improvements in SCOT, margin expansion, and working capital (inventory).
- This position reports to the Vice President Global Supply Chain and has no direct reports or indirect reports
- This role requires up to 25% (or more if remote) travel (internationally and domestically), including overnight stays
- Develop a materials excellence strategy by working with plants and other stakeholders based upon lean principles and inclusive from the supplier to the manufacturing plants
- Develop a strategy to include outsource strategy, inventory control, production and material management systems, and standard work
- Define and Implement Material Excellence vision/KPI's aligned to production operations and across all North American Operations
- Develop an audit process for confirmation of the strategy by auditing plants on material excellence
- Benchmark technology to continually improve the materials excellence road map
- Support plant production schedules by ensuring material flow is being considered at each phase of the supply chain
- Work with IT, strategic sourcing, commodity leaders, and plant purchasing to develop best in class replenishment systems and process
- Metric development and maintaining data/ material excellence flow scorecard
- Optimize forecast process for ETO and MTS businesses - improve product mix assumptions in model
- Optimize material replenishment and planning to deliver total supply chain cost reduction and inventory goals
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Work closely with Finance, Product Management, and Sales to ensure that production and inventory turns are consistent with current financial, operational and sales needs
- Identify and implement best practice initiatives working with plant purchasing and production teams to optimize material planning and replenishment thru MRP systems
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Preferred Bachelor's degree with 6+ years relevant experience or Associates Degree with 8+ years relevant experience or 10+ years of relevant experience
- Competencies in the areas of oral and written communications, mathematical skills including knowledge of statistical methods, modeling, and creative problem solving
- Operational excellence focused on continuous improvement and lean practices
- Development and implementation of analytic and predictive tools to achieve the correct balance between inventory, speed, and cost to optimize material requirements
- Knowledge of Inventory Management, Materials Requirements Planning, MRP systems and technology
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Degree in related Supply Chain field, Science, Engineering or Business Management
- MS Degree in Supply Chain Management
- APICS certification
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, advanced formulas, pivot charts, linked worksheets and workbooks, external data, complex modeling)
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Up to 25% domestic and international travel required for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.