600 W Reichmuth Rd Valley Nebraska 68064-0358
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
Valmont is seeking a Business Analyst Intern to join the Sales Organization. The intern will work directly with the Sales organization in Utility Department. The Business Analyst Intern will assist with sales initiatives and perform other miscellaneous duties. The internship position is perfect for someone who is looking to work in a fast paced environment and wanting to learn more about the sales industry. The positions is approximately 20 hours per week during the school year and 40 hours a week during the summer internship program depending on applicant's availability, and based out of Valley, NE.
Valmont's internship program mission is to provide a hands-on learning experience through project work, leadership development, job shadowing and interaction with senior leadership.
- Perform analysis of data sets to identify trends, relationships and insights
- Address any data discrepancy issues across all open projects
- Coordinates the development of sales communications materials for product launches
- Works with the creative team to develop and support sales campaigns
- Assists with analyzing sales data to enable data-driven decisions to impact the business
- Marketing Research
- Manage Sales Projects
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Working towards a degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering, or any quantitative discipline
- The ability to dedicate 20-25 hours a week
- Commercial sales interest/acumen
- A keen eye for detail and dedication to accuracy and quality
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- Self-starter and ability to work well in a team environment
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem solving
- Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
- Great opportunity to gain career related course work experience from an industry leader
- Paid Internship - Valmont values you
- Potential development into a regular full-time position
- Flexible full-time day shift hours during the summer
- A thriving culture in a growing business
- Interactive group activities with intern peers
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.