25010 Alliance Dr Claremore Oklahoma 74017
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This person assembles and fits or welds together pole shaft halves to form a complete unit.
- Assembles large units that requires precision
- Fuses (welds) metal structural components together by means of arc welding using one process in the assembly of steel electrical poles, substations, and other structures.
- Assembles structural units ensuring alignment and proper symmetry of structure to be prepared for SAW process.
- Must be able to safely operate overhead crane
- Must be able to safely flip pieces with an overhead crane and use hooks or plate clamps to align together with other pieces.
- Work may include a limited range of standard products requiring some fitting and/or welding
- Works under conditions with accurate performance and completion of work within set time limits are essential for subsequent assembly operation.
- Accountable and responsible for essential tools and equipment provided along with the maintenance of tools and equipment.
- Actively participate in department safety, demonstrate excellent safety practices and behaviors which conform to all Valmont safety policies and procedures.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- At least 1 year of overhead crane experience.
- Must be certified AWS D1.1 in the 1G and 2G position.
- Working knowledge of fixturing and weld set up parameters (amps, volts, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize work in order to complete deadlines.
- Ability to work timely and expeditiously to deliver an on-time result without errors.
- At the end of 90 Calendar days the candidate must be able to maintain an acceptable level of production, quality and attendance as determined by Management.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.